• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Slice Problems Need Advice

freakyswinger

Golf Ellusionist
Reaction score
I have Read where it takes more club head speed to hit the ball a long distance, now with that being said the harder i swing
the more the ball goes Right. i can take a half swing, half of 90 degrees, power through my follow through and it goes some what
straight i have a natural outside in swing due to 18 yrs of playing baseball i guess? the thing is, when i try to change my swing it gets worse. chunking, topping, shanking. but if i stick with what feels right i make good contact every time the ball starts left and comes back right. now with all that being said, with half swing deal i can still drive the ball 200 plus yard pretty straight, on the right hand dog legs i swing for the fence and it bends the corner and im in the middle of the fairway. so im good there. just the lefts and straight
holes is where im half swinging. but i feel if i could swing hard every time and hit it straight i could hit it 300 yards. can this be fixed?
most times i slice irons and hybirds to if i swing hard. i know the spin is coming from the outside in swing and the harder i swing the worse it is. i can even slice a sw? the only club i cant do it with is my putter? not yet anyway? i took a few lessons from the club pro but it messed me up where i couldn't hit the ball at all. i can work with what i have but the best score i have put up is a true and honest 88, on my best day. should i work with what i have or think i might do better to try and fix the slice issue? i think i should be able to shoot par. i have made par every hole just not on the same day. so i know it can be done. anyway thanks for reading! please comment any feedback will be appreciated Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520