• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Some needed changes

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you look at my signature you'll notice I no longer have a 3-wood (metal) nor hybrid in my bag. I've been bull headedly trying to hit them and they've been killing my scores. My partner, a long ball hitter and low handicapper let me try his fairway woods. He spent an afternoon this spring getting fitted for clubs and he admitted he can't hit a 3-wood consistently either so checked out all the fairway woods and ended up with a Cleveland Halo 5 and 7 woods. He hits the 5 wood slightly shorter then his old 3-wood but he's consistently good with it. He let me try them the last few rounds. My God, I've never hit fairway woods that are so easy to hit and surprisingly long. So I got rid of my 3-wood and 3-hybrid, the two most useless clubs in my bag and followed his lead. I also got a Cleveland driver to try because if their fairway woods are that good maybe the driver is too. We shall see. Wish me luck.

If you look at my signature you'll notice I no longer have a 3-wood (metal) nor hybrid in my bag. I've been bull headedly trying to hit them and they've been killing my scores. My partner, a long ball hitter and low handicapper let me try his fairway woods. He spent an afternoon this spring getting fitted for clubs and he admitted he can't hit a 3-wood consistently either so checked out all the fairway woods and ended up with a Cleveland Halo 5 and 7 woods. He hits the 5 wood slightly shorter then his old 3-wood but he's consistently good with it. He let me try them the last few rounds. My God, I've never hit fairway woods that are so easy to hit and surprisingly long. So I got rid of my 3-wood and 3-hybrid, the two most useless clubs in my bag and followed his lead. I also got a Cleveland driver to try because if their fairway woods are that good maybe the driver is too. We shall see. Wish me luck.
Seems like a constant shuffle for me. Have stayed with the Epic most of the season. Use the Mini 1.5 on some tight driving holes. No fairways. Love the SuperHybrids. Getting 205 to 210 from the 3h and that's about all I could do with a fairway, anyway.

So far, the Srixons have been working. Liked the first set I had, but didn't like the shafts. My "Charles Barkley" swing just cannot keep regular flex shaft irons consistent. I'd rather be shorter and consistent than long and missing greens.

Day to day with the putter. I gotta be the worst putter since the game of golf was invented... no mater which one of the basement dwelling flat sticks is in the bag!!!!

Cleveland driver deal fell through (they were out of them) so bit the bullet and bought a Stealth2.

Cleveland driver deal fell through (they were out of them) so bit the bullet and bought a Stealth2.
Keep an eye on the Stealth 2. The face has been falling out of the shell on some of them. Lots of ugly pictures as they come loose.

I doubt I can swing hard enough to make that happen. :rolleyes:
What? You must generate some awesome clubhead speed to hit those 350 yard drives you are famous for!! :>) And, what happens when the driver freezes up in your ridiculously hard winters up there? The face will just fall out of the driver in hopes you send it back to warm California!! 🙃

What? You must generate some awesome clubhead speed to hit those 350 yard drives you are famous for!! :>) And, what happens when the driver freezes up in your ridiculously hard winters up there? The face will just fall out of the driver in hopes you send it back to warm California!! 🙃
You mean China? Clubs live in the house in the winter.

You mean China? Clubs live in the house in the winter.
So many of the folks at our course who own their own carts leave their clubs on the cart year round. If the temp is going to be over 80 or under 40, I bring mine home instead of leaving them in a cart steel cart shed where temps can go high or low and affect the epoxy.

So many of the folks at our course who own their own carts leave their clubs on the cart year round. If the temp is going to be over 80 or under 40, I bring mine home instead of leaving them in a cart steel cart shed where temps can go high or low and affect the epoxy.
And the mice can chew up your bag and grips. My SIL leaves his in the garage and I've seen some of the biggest spiders I've ever seen in my life crawl out of that bag.

I've left my clubs in the garage for years here in Phoenix and never had a problem.

That's because it's too hot for anything to live in a garage in Phoenix.

I've left my clubs in the garage for years here in Phoenix and never had a problem.
Most all of our members who have their own carts do leave their clubs on the year round. A few of us anal idiots don't.

There's gotta be a scientific reason. Let's see... Yours is a dry heat. Our heat is complimented by high humidity. When the temp in a cart shed hits about 150 degrees, the epoxy expands and becomes porous. Moisture from the humidity invades the epoxy. Then, when we drop to subzero temps in the winter, the moisture in the epoxy freeze and expands, breaking the bond.

Hmmm... I shoulda been a scientist!! :>)

We have left our clubs either in the SUV (which resides in a garage), or in the garage outside the car year round since we started golfing 22 years ago. Pa is about the same temp or a little cooler, and a lot more humid than KS.

Interesting because we occasionally get mice and spiders in the garage, usually any time we get heavy rains. They have never messed with our golf bags. They did however build a nest in the golf towels one time last year, that are on top of our Golf bag holder that I built. After that, I put a trap out there.

... and in AZ, I wouldn't be worried about Mice, I would be worried about Scorpions cozying up in things to keep warm, I lived in AZ for several years as well.

We have left our clubs either in the SUV (which resides in a garage), or in the garage outside the car year round since we started golfing 22 years ago. Pa is about the same temp or a little cooler, and a lot more humid than KS.

Interesting because we occasionally get mice and spiders in the garage, usually any time we get heavy rains. They have never messed with our golf bags. They did however build a nest in the golf towels one time last year, that are on top of our Golf bag holder that I built. After that, I put a trap out there.

... and in AZ, I wouldn't be worried about Mice, I would be worried about Scorpions cozying up in things to keep warm, I lived in AZ for several years as well.
When we moved into this home 24 years ago, purchased a small round thing that plugs into a receptacle in the garage. Said it would put out a hypersonic sound and would keep mice and other pests away. We've never seen a mouse in our garage...or any evidence of one. Did have some packrats under our front deck a few years ago. DeCon took care of them in short order.

Worked in the engineering/construction industry for 40 years. Had many contractors find construction equipment left overnight on a project would not fire up the next morning due to mice chewing up the wiring. I keep DeCon in my cart shed year round. One of the box feeders I sit on the floor needs replaced about once/year. Never have found a dead on in the shed, but I'm sure quite a few have had a really bad tummy ache once they leave the shed.
Every year we will have a member either not know to or forget to put poison in their shed...and have damage. Been a few years ago, but one of the lady members forgot. The mice chewed both shoestrings out of her golf shoes. Didn't chew on or damage the shoes, but the remnants of the shoestrings were scattered all around.

A couple years ago, our maintenance staff got tired of mice in the old shop. Finally came to a head when their were mice droppings in their coffee pot one morning. Found someone wanting to get rid of a male cat. "Finn" took up residence in our shop. No mice since. He stays in the shop at night or the coyotes would probably get him. During the day, he hunts. Nothing unusual for him to drag in a large packrat or similar sized pest to show them he's earning his keep.

When we moved into this home 24 years ago, purchased a small round thing that plugs into a receptacle in the garage. Said it would put out a hypersonic sound and would keep mice and other pests away. We've never seen a mouse in our garage...or any evidence of one. Did have some packrats under our front deck a few years ago. DeCon took care of them in short order.
If you get a chance, can you share the device information?

We are in an unusual situation. We live in a POA in a Cul-de-sac, backed up by woods. We have dumpsters centrally located in the POA where we dump our trash, but have to keep the cans in our garage because otherwise the Black Bears would have a field day. We get mice in our 2 car garage and in our walk in attic above our garage (Same size) about every 3-6 months usually when we have really heavy rains. They have never made it inside our house.

So I set a trap with Peanut butter in our garage and walk in attic, inside a 12pack box. Would be curious what the device would do.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520