• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

SouthEastern Golf outing?

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Reaction score
Ok, I was reading all the posts in the Wiscon. planned outing and wishing I could make it to meet some of you on here. I got to thinking, how about some of us SouthEasterners plan our own trip? And the good thing is, we won't have to wait as long for the weather to warm up? I'm not that great at planning things out, but if nobody else wants to organize it, and anyone else is interested, I guess I could. Anyway, if anyone is interested, let me know. I'm in central Ms. btw, but would travel a resonable distance for a weekend golf outing.

I guess i'll be southeastern now once I get the move done with, i'd be in if I'd have transportation as I do not have a car.

I'll be in northern NC.

Ok, I was kidding about not wanting to organize it. You mean to tell me nobody on here is from the Southeast or is interested in a Golf Outing? I mean, there's the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail, Annandale and Dancing Rabbitt here in Ms. Come on guys, lets get together this spring. Drop me a line if your interested.

if it was in north or south carolina id be in but traveling far with a new baby at home and my wife working on getting her masters degree makes it hard

I'd be in as long as I had a lift, so pretty much if gwlee was in I could:laugh:.

Try and get something organized, but the longer we wait the more likely I wont be able to play as once I get into season I have a tourney like every other week. I'll let ppl know as I might be near some people (we play in NC, SC, GA and maybe another state im not sure) and maybe we could meet and grab a meal at least or somethin.

I might be down depending on where it is. Myrtle Beach makes about the most sense to me for a southeastern get together...100 golf courses to choose from and golf packages galore.

What about the Pinehurst area in NC? I've heard there are a ton of great courses there, and maybe we could even get one pinehurst if we were lucky.

might be in depending how much and where. think if you check this thread has been a few times in the past and never got off the ground, but never in the past doesnt mean never in the future.

I like the idea of the Robert trent jones trail in Alabama, but also feel like for me its a higher priority to meet the other shottalkers than play a fancy (expensive) course. I play a fair share of cowpasture golf but think the pleasure is in who I play with, not the course

Agreed, to a point.

I'm really up for meetin STers, but by no means am I up for cow pastures, at least a good course:laugh:.

That's the whole idea as far as I'm concerned, meeting fellow Shot Talkers. I'll look into the RTG and see what the costs are and primary locations. I don't mind a 3-6 hour drive to meet up play, especially if it was a 2 or 3 day deal, either play twice on the same course, or on 2 different ones. Seeing as how I live in Central Miss., the Carolina's is kinda out for me unless I flew.

That's the whole idea as far as I'm concerned, meeting fellow Shot Talkers. I'll look into the RTG and see what the costs are and primary locations. I don't mind a 3-6 hour drive to meet up play, especially if it was a 2 or 3 day deal, either play twice on the same course, or on 2 different ones. Seeing as how I live in Central Miss., the Carolina's is kinda out for me unless I flew.

Check out Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain GA as a possibility, too - it's essentially right at the GA/AL line at around the north/south midpoint of the state. It would be close to the center if people were coming from the Carolinas and Mississippi. It has two PGA level courses (the Buick Challenge was played there up until 2002,) lodging, restaurants, etc - could be a nice place for a weekend type gathering. It's relatively pricy just to play, but I believe they have golf packages available. I've never played there, but I worked the Buick Challenge for a couple of years and it was really nice.

I'd probably be in if you guys don't mind a truly horrific golfer hanging out with you. I say funny things and can drive the poop out of a golf cart if that helps any.

OK, I checked on Callaway Gardens in Ga. If 6 of us met up and stayed in a cottage it would be $246 each for a 2 night, 3 day stay with 2 rounds of golf each included in the price. They have 3 course to choose from. Anyone up for it? These prices were for the weekend of the 7th through the 9th in March BTW. After the 15th of March the prices go up for summer seasonal pricing.

OK, I checked on Callaway Gardens in Ga. If 6 of us met up and stayed in a cottage it would be $246 each for a 2 night, 3 day stay with 2 rounds of golf each included in the price. They have 3 course to choose from. Anyone up for it? These prices were for the weekend of the 7th through the 9th in March BTW. After the 15th of March the prices go up for summer seasonal pricing.

I (and maybe my wife) might could play one of the rounds with you, but I wouldn't be in for the whole package -- I only live about 20 minutes away, plus I have a Bill Cosby concert to attend in Atlanta the evening of Saturday the 8th. Still couldn't say for sure, because we might be in Jamaica that week.

That would be fine Brandon, just trying to get some area Shot Talkers together for a round or 2 of golf, and maybe a round or 2 of beers. :laugh:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520