• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Speaking of Big Break VII...

Greydawg

King Of All Hackers!!!
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread about this, unless I'm blind, so I figured I'd start one.

What the Hell is up with Pam quitting the competition???
Is she nuts???
Just because she can't "play well" with others???
You've got to be kidding!
She was runner-up on BBIII, right?
Which would tell me she had as good a chance at winning as the other girls.
IMO, not only will she never be invited to come back to a future BB, but having been on national tv, I'm sure she'd be recongized at just about any golf course she was playing at.
I would think a rather embarrasing situation to say the least.

Although I'm sure, at my age, my game will never be good enough to compete for a spot on the show, I'd about pull my front teeth out with a pair of pliers to be on it.
The perks alone must be great!!!

Waddaya think?

I agree that was pretty odd. And your right that should be the kiss of death as far as her future on the show..It was over a cat fight with Bri right....Everytime I watch her interviews she was always whinning.

Whining and playing the 'I'm not as good as the rest of you' victim card was how she progressed so far in BBIII, particularly when she used it against the eventual winner Danielle. It worked for her then as no-one knew anyone else before the show and she played on the 'we're all in it together' feelings that obviously developed between the group. But when it came to the challenges she relied on her long drives and approach shots to beat a field that was obviously more talented than her in every other aspect of the game. The fact that in every other challenge she started with a natural advantage because of her size and the distance it gave her meant she could get as far as she did at the expense of better golfers.

I think in this series she's got two major problems. Firstly she's now competing against men for elimination, so her long driving only gives her an advantage over the other women. And secondly she's with people who already know each other, and who have established their game and personalities on the show. More importantly every single golfer who came back, and especially those left on the show as of last week, have very strong personalities and aren't going to be pulled back by her sitting brooding in the corner whispering how everyone is plotting against her. In this BB the ribbing and trash-talking is all very, very out in the open and seems to be expected!

I think one of the contestants summed it up well too - she just isn't interested in being a competitive golfer. Looking at her bio it seems she just took up golf as something to do, and used her families money to allow her to chase a fantasy without having to put in the work or work through the struggles most golfers have to go through to get on a tour. As she said herself at the start of the interviews, she saw this as something to do for a couple of weeks for a bit of a vacation, and obviously when she realised the others were taking it seriously she just walked out.

On the plus side, it seems that all the people left now are decent golfers that have good allround games, so you feel that for once the best man or woman will ultimately win.

Good post Sandy, and WBL said you weren't very articulate.:D

Would have been nice to add the word "SPOILER" to this thread's title.

:real angry: :real angry: :real angry:

(I'm not really that mad - I just never get the chance to use this smilie...)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520