• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Splunge's Swings!

Sounds more like not enough spin then.
I have no idea, that's why I asked, my spin accuracy and distance all seem like they got better with my irons, but my driver I basically have two swings right now, 220 ish and straight, or I can really let one loose like those last videos, and I hit it about my usual 270-280. To be honest though, if I use the stack and tilt with my woods, the ball goes nicely like my irons, and I hit the ball farther than I do with my driver.

I have no idea, that's why I asked, my spin accuracy and distance all seem like they got better with my irons, but my driver I basically have two swings right now, 220 ish and straight, or I can really let one loose like those last videos, and I hit it about my usual 270-280. To be honest though, if I use the stack and tilt with my woods, the ball goes nicely like my irons, and I hit the ball farther than I do with my driver.
That's the thing with the stack and tilt, it's a perfect swing for irons. Not so much for woods though. You would you want a more sweeping somewhat upswing motion with your driver & to not to hit down with it.

It kind of leaves you with one of two options, too much or too little spin with the driver.

That's the thing with the stack and tilt, it's a perfect swing for irons. Not so much for woods though. You would you want a more sweeping somewhat upswing motion with your driver & to not to hit down with it.

It kind of leaves you with one of two options, too much or too little spin with the driver.
Well the thing is, I am hitting the woods better now with it, it's only the driver that suffers. I think I'm just going to keep that big swing for the driver.

Well the thing is, I am hitting the woods better now with it, it's only the driver that suffers. I think I'm just going to keep that big swing for the driver.
Grip it and rip it. Problem solved.

Right, to much or to little spin.

I never liked the idea of 2 swings for woods and irons, but if it works for you....

My swing for irons is different than my swing for the driver. It almost has to be to some degree. I'm much steeper with my irons and flatter with my driver. It gets more and more steep the shorter the club gets.

My swing for irons is different than my swing for the driver. It almost has to be to some degree. I'm much steeper with my irons and flatter with my driver. It gets more and more steep the shorter the club gets.
^^^this

Right, but using two different techniques (lack of better word) though?

It's one thing to adjust for different lengths of the clubs. It's another to swing like Mike Weir (stack and tilt) on the irons and John Daly with the woods.

Right, but using two different techniques (lack of better word) though?

It's one thing to adjust for different lengths of the clubs. It's another to swing like Mike Weir (stack and tilt) on the irons and John Daly with the woods.
I agree that's probably not the best way. But go with what works.

I agree that's probably not the best way. But go with what works.
I'll admit I've tried it before. I didn't play any better. To be fair o didn't at any worse either. That's probably more lack of practice than anything though.

Thanks for the advice guys. I think I'm going to try out both ways on the course today or tomorrow. See what ends up better.

Remember who it's coming from...lol

I'm positive you already shoot better scores than I do....so....
Same here. Just the fact that you shoot at all gives you one up on me! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520