• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Square driver? The new Cally FT-i. Uh....sure..

I'd play it over the Sasquatch any day.............

Bigtime. This thing still has nothing over the Sasquatch. It's head and shoulders the ugliest driver out there today, bar none.

R35

id have to hit it and see what it does for me.i think i could get used to the square head since i dont pay much attention to the looks of a club as long as the results are there.

besides if i took it out on the course and was hitting it past the long ballers(im close to them on occ.).they wouldnt be laughing for long.plus the only time i see the bottom of the club is when im takingit out or putting it in the bag.

I wonder what the fairway wood version of it will look like? ;)

WHEN'S THIS OUT? ONE'S GOING STRAIGHT IN MY BAG ! ! !

ALL DRIVERS ARE GOING TO BE CHANGING SHAPE NOW THEY HAVE SET THE MAXIMUM 460 CUBIC CENTREMETER LIMIT. IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO TWEEK MORE FORGIVENESS & DISTANCE OUT OF THEM. THIS LOOKS BETTER THAN THE NIKE SUMO AND I LIKE THE FT-3 SO IF THIS THING IS MORE FORGIVING AND LONGER IT WILL DO FOR ME.

Must be an European thing.

WHEN'S THIS OUT? ONE'S GOING STRAIGHT IN MY BAG ! ! !

Somebody stop this man, they can't create clubs fast enough to keep up with his new club habit!

Anyway these square things are just plain ugly, they look like they have been victims of Chinese foot binding. YUK! If I see one in someones bag I will laugh in their face whenever they don't out drive me.

The technology in them is pretty cool. Remove weight from the face and put it farther outboard, just like a putter. So, it squares at impact.

If this thing is point and shoot, it'll be phenomenally popular.

R35

I think I just threw up in my mouth. They should call that thing the Callaway Fugly. It's worth it to lose a few yards and some control not to look at that eye sore.

I actually played this driver for 9 holes earlier this week. I was playing in an outing with the VP of North American sales for Callaway and he couldn't help but make me try it out seeing my Taylor Made staff bag full of TP clubs. It sounded better than the FT3, but was still a little difficult to adjust to. It hits the ball well, was more impressed with a shot that I hit low on the face but it stayed in the air long enough to get out to the center of the fairway about ten yards short of may average drive with it. The whole concept of the ball not curving in the air is a little off though, I was able to hit some draws and fades which is nice to be able to do when you need it.

You'll still find the hackers will find a way to hit this club crap. They'll shank it or something

Found this in another forum...

My Cally rep stopped by today with all the new goodies to show off. First off let me tell you that the new FT- i Driver looks like a bell pepper on the end of a stick. Next the sound that it makes in nothing short of annoying. With that negativity out of the way, this might be the straightest hitting driver i have ever hit. The club comes with the Speeder as it's stock shaft and actually feels really solid. There will be a tour version as well as the fade, neutral, and draw bias. The rep said at the annual sales meeting they were told that the FT-i was 13 yards longer than the FT-3 on dead center hits. The FT-i was the same distance as the Fusion on off center hits, when the FT-3 was hit solid, if that made any sense. The FT-5 looks similar to the FT-3, except it is longer, as far as depth is concerned. This club comes with the Fujikura Fit-On 360 as the stock shaft. The X Hot fairway woods look awesome, and there is no other way to describe them. The X20 Tour Irons are absolutely solid as can be and come with the Rifle Project X as the stock shaft. They also elongated the hosel and put a ferrule on it to increase cosmetics. The Big Bertha 460 looks hideous at best. It has a white alignment line across the entire top line of the face. Also Top Flite has a new golf ball coming out with dimples inside of dimples. Sorry I couldn't snap any pics, but I repeated this review as best I could.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520