• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ST ryder cup?

I have it nearly done. If everyone wants to do this and everyone i happy with my formatt or some variation of it (i'll edit as needed till we agree on it). Perhaps sling can somehow integrate it into the site so we can post our score online and see were our teams are at. I'm thinking of including a ranking so we know whose shotting the best and such.

If someone could give me a formula that handicapping uses against slope, I could write a page up in php. That could make it easy for sir sling to integrate. Maybe a formula that figures your score against handi, then against the slope of the course? Math isn't my forte, just programming.

bdcrowe said:
If someone could give me a formula that handicapping uses against slope, I could write a page up in php. That could make it easy for sir sling to integrate. Maybe a formula that figures your score against handi, then against the slope of the course? Math isn't my forte, just programming.
I'll get right on that. For yeah. I'm all about da math.

i'm in for the US if we need anybody. Right now i'm a 10 handicap, so you're in luck, as im hitting the ball better than i was when that index was recorded last year, WAY better!

I'm up for this.

However, i can't play for another 3 months. You know, Canada. My first round of 05 will be the first week of May, if I'm lucky.

Stupid weather.

Oh, if you guys wanna play here in your thongs, i'll take you up on that offer. Just remember, your balls shrink in the cold. ;)

R35

i'm up for anything, as far as the long time fabled handicap of mine i have an arrangement with my golf coach to keep track of mine, but h.s. season doesn't start till the end of the month, oh um i don't know if he was on the list but put jeff gallo on the u.s. he's top notch and has helped me tremendously through my iron change, guy knows his stuff

I'm in and would love the chance to represent TROTW team (only member from the Southern Hemisphere?), although my form of late has been nothing short of #@$%#@!

My handicap was 11 when I was last a member, but in all honesty I would be playing to 14 or 15 at the moment...

I am confused about how exactly we will do this though???

:australia

My handicap last season was around 14 to 16.
I'm eager to know what it'll be this season with all my swing and short game revamp.

I am in representing the USA at a current index of 8.1....

I think my current index is 16.2 but I'll make sure before we get started. :usflag:

I'm looking forward to this I'll hopefuly get a good version of the spreadsheet to show tonight.

I'd say m,y index is up from a 12 to more like a 16 of late. But things are starting to click, so hopefully it will go back down.

Uh, when is this starting?

Cuz, if it's anytime soon, i'm gonna need about 400 balls and my index will be close to the population of earth by the time I got a round in around these parts, these days.

Last year I played to about a 4. A typical round for me is about 73-77. I get some off the beaten path days and some that are just everything working. More often the former than the latter tho.

Do I get a handicap because I'm Canadian? I think that's only fair. We'll base it against the US dollar or gold somehow. Isn't that how everything is based nowadays?

R35

rockford35 said:

Cuz, if it's anytime soon, i'm gonna need about 400 balls and my index will be close to the population of earth by the time I got a round in around these parts, these days.

Last year I played to about a 4. A typical round for me is about 73-77. I get some off the beaten path days and some that are just everything working. More often the former than the latter tho.

Do I get a handicap because I'm Canadian? I think that's only fair. We'll base it against the US dollar or gold somehow. Isn't that how everything is based nowadays?

R35

Yes and the way the US Dollar is going - we Americans are toast.

Our trip to Scotland is going to be outrageous....

rockford35 said:

R35

I think we need to start right away. It's probably the only chance I have to be competitive. You go get your first round in today and I'll try to leave early to play mine.

It's fair that it's going to hit 80 today right? :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,420