• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Steel Hyrbid Shaft

scgamecock

Reaction score
Does anyone play a steel shaft in their hybrid??

I got a deal on a hybrid but it has a regular flex shaft. I was wondering if its a terrible idea to pull the shaft from my 3 iron and stick it in the hybrid.

Opinions.....

Also if anyone wants to buy a Graphite Design YS-Hybrid+ shaft, let me know.

As long as it's the right weight/length/flex/etc., no reason not to.

I play steel in my hybrid and my 5-wood.

As long as it's the right weight/length/flex/etc., no reason not to.

I play steel in my hybrid and my 5-wood.

Well thats kinda what i'm asking, because obviously the steel shaft is going to be much heavier than the graphite. Wouldn't this make the head seem very light?

Well thats kinda what i'm asking, because obviously the steel shaft is going to be much heavier than the graphite. Wouldn't this make the head seem very light?

The opposite. The swingweight will increase considerably. You'll gain more control, but lose distance (normally).

I just build an X Tour Hybrid for a friend with a Dynamic Gold SL shaft. Very low launch, but super feel.

R35

I think it would be GREAT if more people WOULD play steel in their hybrids. You'd get a smoother transition from irons to hybrids. In fact, you'd play much closer to your iron with a super-forgiving head, in comparison.

As I mull over which graphite shaft to play in my hybrid :)

Seriously though, if I can't get a flight I like with my next hybrid purchase, I'm putting a steel shaft in my current 23*. A project X 6.5 should knock that ball flight down :D

i have a kbs tour v launch and a aerotech 95 in my adams
i have yet to hit them but i hear the aerotech is the feel of steel with performance of graf

I play steel in my hybrids now and it's great. Mucho better consistency and feel, they truly are like hitting long irons now except they go farther, land softer and are more accurate. :D

I have a set of Nickent 3DX Ironwoods with graphite that may get a set of FST Pro Whites this winter too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520