• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Stir Crazy in Wisconsin

I have had what was supposed to be Authentic Mexican food prepared by a Mexican family here in Mississippi. It was good, then I stopped at a little Mom and Pop Mexican restaurant in South Texas near the border. Trust me, there is no comparison.

Everything I tried was delicious, even the Guacamole dip, and I thought I hated Guacamole.

Well, everything was delicious, but HOT, and not so pleasant the next day,:emot-ange

Brats tend to be an aquired taste. When I was younger I hated them & always preferred italian sausage instead. Now I absolutely love bratwurst & can eat them everyday.

We've got a couple good restaurants here. I always take my dates to lunch at Los Banditos. Incredibly good food. Green Bay Restaurants - Los Banditos Restaurant - Green Bay Wisconsin

But I get the best mexican chow at home. My mother is a superb chef (not a cook, a chef).

My heritage is really mixed up. Mom's side: my grandmother was Scottish, Irish, and Apache, while my grandfather was Mexican and Apache. Finnish from my Dad's side.

Well, everything was delicious, but HOT, and not so pleasant the next day,:emot-ange

You're old.
awww.steeleraddicts.com_forum_images_smilies_greensick.gif

Look, if its a Mexican restaurant, this addage almost always proves to be true.

The more "hole in the wall" the place looks, the better the food.

Look, if its a Mexican restaurant, this addage almost always proves to be true.

The more "hole in the wall" the place looks, the better the food.

Yep, the one I'm talking about was an old gas station converted over.

I'll eat at Taco Johns, but I love real Mexican food. I'm not too bad at cooking it either. My chile rellenos rock. Takes me hours to make the pork pecadillo and the sauce.

My chili made from a paste from dried chiles is not too shabby either. No chili powder whatsoever.

Kevin

Actually there's nothing wrong with chile powder... even real Mexicans use it. :laugh:

Here in Colorado there are Mexican restaurants on every corner. Half the state is Hispanic. My favorite local place is Hacienda Colorado... and there's a place just outside of downtown Denver called La Fiesta which is great, but it's in a bad part of town so most Anglos only go there for lunch.

I just went to kewpies today. It is good, but not as good as it used to be. The Farm (also on Durand Ave.) is better. Lately the farm has been having two double cheeses for the price of one too. I've never been to Mexico or even Texas so I can't comment as to the authenticity of any Mexican restaraunt. I just had Javier's the other day and it is Jose's Blue Sombrero part 2. I heard that Javier was the main cook over there. Most any Mexican is good to me, but I do have one bad story. La Perla. I always heard it was the greatest thing, but my experience sucked. The food took forever and then sucked and the waitress was a beyotch.

Whats funny is that this thread started out as WBL talking about a case of cabin fever and it turned into a thread about what the best Mexican food is.
BTW, I had Taco Bell tonight. I did the good ole 10 soft tacos for $10. You cant beat Taco Bell when it comes to cheap meals and the food aint half bad either.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520