• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Stir Crazy in Wisconsin

Are you $h1tting me?! We were going to head down to Illinois last Saturday to go to a Sonic. The commercials are driving me nuts. Decided on a Sonic in Algonquin and a golf dome about 20 miles away. We never made it as we got too late a start. Instead we hit The Kewpie in Racine for burgers then went to WBL's deflated dome. Ended up hitting a few balls in Milwaukee at the Currie Dome. Lots of driving but the Kewpie burgers were worth it.

We will be heading to Madison for $12 worth of heated balls and then some Sonic Burgers, tator tots, and some kind of slush or limeade in the very near future.

Kevin

Yummy... Kewpies... Actually, we don't go there much for lunch anymore. A new Mexican restaurant opened up ( that has "Taco Tuesdays" that's really good. A new Chinese buffet opened up that's really good. Then there's Tubbies (Chubbies?) or something with the plate size hamburgers. Pinera's... Racine might be a ghetto but the food places are outstanding. :D

<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Next time I'm in Madtown I'll post up. Somebody want to meet at the range? I might be there sometime in Feb.
Shoot me a PM of when you plan on being there, i might be able to stop by.

I'm also looking forward to hitting up the new sonic sometime soon!

Well if ya'll head this way to Vitense pm me as it's my sunday hangout. Even if it's after I had my surgery I would still come out just to hang out.

John, Sonic just opened up a new restaurant on University ave this past Monday, it's the 1st one in the state. Maybe 1.5 miles east of the beltline.
SONIC®, America’s Drive-In®

Wi- We will get together at Vitense. I believe I've got you mobile # and will let you know if I'm headed down to range. For me Vitense sort of "happens".
Sudden impulse ,urge , longing, overwhelming need, strikes me. Additions could be worse:shark:

A new Mexican restaurant opened up ( that has "Taco Tuesdays" that's really good. . :D

Wouldn't be Taco John's would it? If so they also have "Soft Shell Saturdays". :D

Ate at Taco John's last night for Taco Tuesday. Been eating at the one in Waukesha, WI for over 30 years. It was just remodeled for like the fifth time. I love Whiplash, the Cowboy Monkey.

Kevin

Wouldn't be Taco John's would it? If so they also have "Soft Shell Saturdays". :D

Fourputt

Taco John's? :eek: YUCK!!

No, this is a real restaurant called Javier's on Lathrop Avenue (HWY 11)...

Hard tacos are actually soft tacos fried to crispy and not out of a box. Excellent!! :)

Look at all you silly people talking about Mexican food. Come TN, if I can come, I'll bring some real Mexican food.

I am Mexican Jeffy. And you are correct, Wisconsinites for the most part, have NO clue when it comes to good ethnic food, except for brats. Which I despise. :D

I am Mexican Jeffy. And you are correct, Wisconsinites for the most part, have NO clue when it comes to good ethnic food, except for brats. Which I despise. :D

I'm allergic to brats, so its all the same anyway. And I only meant it as a generality, of course there will be an inter-mingling and some who do appreciate it and understand it. All I can say is in Texas, Florida, Illinois, Arkansas, and the D.C. area I have been to "authentic" Mexican places that were far from it.

Well since most of the Mexicans (Texicans?) and illegal aliens come up to Wisconsin for all the handouts (JK!!) we have many restaurants run by "authentic" Mexicans which I assume means the food they serve is pretty authentic also... :D

And all the authentic Mexicans that come up hang out in their restaurants too!! :D

MIKE1218, you have to remember we're on the south part of Wisconsin down here... :thumbs up: And my comments above were not meant to include you (if you really are of Mexican ancestry... :D ). It was only for the sake of argument to the authenticity of our Racine restaurants. sssmokin and I had a close friend (Rudy Salas) growing up whose family opened an "authentic" Mexican restaurant in Wautoma after coming up from Texas.

sssmokin and I love our authentic Mexican food... and Taco Bell etc. aren't even close. Taco ElRey's or this new place are the only choices. :)

San Mateo Daily Journal

And Mike and Jeff, anyone who doesn't like brats has something wrong with them!! :D

Of course, if they aren't "authentic" :)D ) Sheboygan (Johnsonville) brats that have been boiled in beer before grilling you wouldn't have had real brats.... :)

Taco John's? :eek: YUCK!!

No, this is a real restaurant called Javier's on Lathrop Avenue (HWY 11)...

Hard tacos are actually soft tacos fried to crispy and not out of a box. Excellent!! :)

<!-- google_ad_section_end -->It's actually Durand Ave. (hwy11). Taco's El Rey is on Lathrop. Not trying to pick ya apart, but I wouldn't want any visitors of our beautiful city to get confused.

I'll eat at Taco Johns, but I love real Mexican food. I'm not too bad at cooking it either. My chile rellenos rock. Takes me hours to make the pork pecadillo and the sauce.

My chili made from a paste from dried chiles is not too shabby either. No chili powder whatsoever.

Kevin

And Mike and Jeff, anyone who doesn't like brats has something wrong with them!! :D

Of course, if they aren't "authentic" :)D ) Sheboygan (Johnsonville) brats that have been boiled in beer before grilling you wouldn't have had real brats.... :)

You are making me hungry...

Kewpies kicks ass! Ate there this past year when we attended my daughters wedding reception. My brother in law used to work at the original Tacos el Ray in Kenosha. Fantastic food & for the most part it is authentic as it's an actual Mexican family running the place.

Jerry, that place with the plate size burgers sucks.

I throw up when I eat brats, so yeah, I keep away from them. At least tequila gives me the option of feeling better until the throwing up!

Anyway, good mexican can be made anywhere, but its tough to find.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520