• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Talk to me about...

BigJim13

Staff member
Reaction score
The Titleist 910 line. I'm not crazy about the adjustable drivers, but its getting harder to find non adjustable ones with my favorite shafts at a reasonable price. So...how much can they be adjusted? The shafts, are they the real deal or some crap made for Titleist deal? 3balls has some 910D3's at reasonable prices, and if I do well on ebay this week...maybe I pull the trigger.

So tell me what you know!

The adjustability is more about loft than lie/face angle with the 910 line. So if you're having trouble squaring the face, these clubs won't help much.

All the shafts are "designed exclusively for Titleist".

Solid offering, imo.

So let me get this straight, you already bought on driver and had a driver showdown with the Titty that you already have. The Titty won, but for some reason you are still searching for a driver. Is there something that you think is missing in the Titty that you have?

• Staff
So let me get this straight, you already bought on driver and had a driver showdown with the Titty that you already have. The Titty won, but for some reason you are still searching for a driver. Is there something that you think is missing in the Titty that you have?
I hit my 3w as far as the 909. I pulled the midsize grip off and went back to standard and will see if that helps. If not, im off Ho'ing again!

• Staff
The adjustability is more about loft than lie/face angle with the 910 line. So if you're having trouble squaring the face, these clubs won't help much.

All the shafts are "designed exclusively for Titleist".

Solid offering, imo.
Are they crap shafts though? 3Balls has a 910 with an Diamana Ahina. Decent?

Also, how much can the loft be adjusted?

He's a typical guy: always wants to play with new tittys!! :D

Are they crap shafts though? 3Balls has a 910 with an Diamana Ahina. Decent?

Also, how much can the loft be adjusted?

I think "made for" shafts are just fine. I know a lot of shaft snobs stick their noses up to these, but I can't tell a difference...other than a lighter flex than marked on the shaft. A stiff feels closer to a regular flex to me.

If you buy a 9.5* it will adjust from 8* - 11*.

I think "made for" shafts are just fine. I know a lot of shaft snobs stick their noses up to these, but I can't tell a difference...other than a lighter flex than marked on the shaft. A stiff feels closer to a regular flex to me.
I agree. The made for Whiteboard in the Cleveland I have is not a little girls shaft at all. The Fuji Fit On Red I had in a couple of Hibores I had were no slouch either... closer to rebar.

I have a hard time hearing you chastise someone for hoing. If anything it should be celebrated.

I have a hard time hearing you chastise someone for hoing. If anything it should be celebrated.
That's not chastising. Besides, I don't turn em over that fast. I've just been doing it more consistently every year:) . I'm just trying to understand the reasoning is all. I generally ho with a specific purpose in mind. I haven't seen Jim say what it is he's hoping to get out of a new driver, i.e.- higher flight, less spin, etc. Something besides the obvious that everyone wants (longer).

I ho'd the driver I did for more carry and hopefully to take left out of play. I ho'd the hybrid I did to replace the 3i I was getting zero good results from. I ho'd the 4w I did because I wanted a fww again... something shorter than a 3w (actual club length), but a little less loft than the hybrid I had or a 5w. I ho'd the wedges for a different loft setup and better gapping.

Believe me, from me ho'ing IS celebrated. I try to get Jim to ho all the time! Just ask him.

More distance. That's what I'm ho'ing for. When I switched the shaft in my 3w I now hit it almost as long as my driver. That leads me to think I need a higher loft/different shaft or both!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520