• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Teach Me! High, Mid, Low Launch heads.

West Coast Duffer

Orange County California
Reaction score
With all these new drivers coming out with Low Mid and High launch heads, what exactly are they doing? changing lofts? so does that mean a 9.5 head is going to launch considerably different? If you get a high launch head would you decrease loft to say a 8.5 and get the same results.

I'm looking at the new Titleist drviers and this is why I was wondering about the different heads.

Center of Gravity.

If you take a 9.5º head and moves the CG up towards the crown, it will launch the ball lower, compared to the same head with its CG moved down towards the sole.

It's why a hybrid launches higher than an iron with the same loft.

It's also why you need to get on a launch monitor to find the right loft and shaft combination to give you the correct launch angle, spin etc for your swing speed. No other way to do it right. :)

It's also why you need to get on a launch monitor to find the right loft and shaft combination to give you the correct launch angle, spin etc for your swing speed. No other way to do it right. :)

C'mon, hoing hundreds of different drivers works and its a shit load of fun :)

C'mon, hoing hundreds of different drivers works and its a shit load of fun :)

LyleG

Well I didn't say I did it the right way. Just trying to sound smarter then I really am... :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520

3. 15,300