• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tell me about your Lazer...

subsonic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
(Dr. Evil Voice)

I am looking to buy a Lazer.... I have a budget of $1 MIIILLLLIIIOOONNNN Dollars.

Bushnell, Leupold etc...

Which one and Why?

I bought a Leupold RX800i TBR DNA

I had a couple requirements:

1. Angle compensation - Mainly for hunting, I need to know the horizontal distance, not the straight line distance for long shots at angles
2. Closest target/Furthest target - For both hunting and golfing - Furthest target to make sure I get the deer, and not the small sticks in front of it. Closest target for golf to make sure I get the flag and not the woods behind it.
3. Quality - I'm a buy once cry once kind of fella. I don't want to have any doubt in the reading I get from my range finder. Any doubt, and it's worthless.

I've been 100% happy with it. It doesn't have any golf specific features, but it's also a hell of a lot cheaper than a lot of 'golf specific' range finders. Set up and battery life have been exceptional, I have CR123's around anyway, so battery type was of no concern to me. I prefer those anyway for shelf life. I haven't had any issue getting readings of flags. The form factor is great.

cf-lg.jpg

My 'laser.'

I have owned and used GPS devices over the years. Most useful on courses that you do not play often or are new to playing.

From playing with my buddies that use lasers I have found t hem to be quicker and more accurate. Especially for that second shot.

papaD- Garmin is not a lazer.

Watch the video and learn the difference.

I use a Garmin G5. Love it - works really well for my needs.

Yep, I've seen plenty of online arguments about laser vs GPS. The Garmin is a quality product. I've played plenty of rounds with guys with lasers. Our reads are usually within 1 yard of each other. Then when the wind blows and they can't get a lock on the pin because of tree branches moving in the background, they ask me what I'm reading.

I'd have no problem playing with either.

Dr Evil uses a LAZER. Not a LASER.

On topic - my only experience with lasers has been with two guys in my Thursday group - they both use Callaway products. They seem to yield the same info as my G5 when they can get a line of sight. Blind shots - they are useless.

Garmin G5 - no subscription - HUGE database of courses - updates on-line free.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520