• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Testing my faith

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Reaction score
My neighbor and playing partner is testing my faith in OEM drivers. I'm not a long hitter, but I'm longer than him by 20 to 30yds. My three wood out distances his old driver.

He's been playing a Warbird for a couple of years and though overall he outplays me, his typical drive is about 200yds with 230 being max.

I've been trying to get him to try a new technology driver so last week he goes to Walmart and buys one for $20.00. I know someone here was talking about their Knight 7wood, Crowe or Sling I think and that's the brand of driver he bought. Anyway, this thing is long. I haven't hit it yet because it might bring me to tears if I realize a $20.00 driver is longer than my TM.

So now my short chubby neighbor is keeping up with me and I'm wondering if maybe they're nonconforming. The website describes it as having high cor values but doesn't list a number.

Anybody know anything about this before I go buy a $20.00 driver? :(

Crowe bought his Knight 7 wood at Walmart and loves it...

I'll bet you it is a Conforming club with no rules violations..

Bravo,

Why don't you lock thread as spam. Your an idiot.

Baliff!

Take this man to the bunker! :D

Bye Shane.

Try to figure it out - your new electronic fate - that is.

Too bad.

I have to admit, he was onto something with that "idiot" comment.... :p

Back on topic....

I have a friend that has a 2 dollar driver from Walmart. Or, should I say "had" a 20 dollar driver from Walmart. He let me use it at the range once and I caved the face in. It was strange to see that the face was indeed very thin, but terribly constructed. It sounded like you were hitting ball with an aluminum bat, but it went a long ways. For about 30 balls...

R35

rockford35 said:
Too bad.

I have to admit, he was onto something with that "idiot" comment.... :p

Back on topic....

I have a friend that has a 2 dollar driver from Walmart. Or, should I say "had" a 20 dollar driver from Walmart. He let me use it at the range once and I caved the face in. It was strange to see that the face was indeed very thin, but terribly constructed. It sounded like you were hitting ball with an aluminum bat, but it went a long ways. For about 30 balls...

R35

Now that's the kind of thing I need to hear to restore my faith. Not the idiot part, not the being accused of spamming part, but the caving in the face part.

I think I will try to find a bigger, 400cc+, driver this year, just not one from Wally World.

Yes Shane, I've been posting here since the first week the site opened just so I could spam a $20.00 driver for Walmart. Your a genius.

Shane: "What? Who? Where am I? It's very dark, and all I see is Bravo's ass really close to my face....." :p

R35

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423