• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Thanks! I think...

BigJim13

Staff member
Reaction score
So, as many of you know I have been working to fight and OTT pull/slice. With some pointers and tips from some of you fine folks here I have made great strides! I can't remember the last time I hit a weak push fade. I still occasionally pull the ball but that is mostly when I "go after" it.

Another new thing that has worked its way into my game is a draw/hook! I try to hit balls every night and when I am swinging well I can draw all my clubs, even my SW a bit-its more of a slight turn to the left in the air with the SW. I find myself making a conscious effort to NOT go after it any more because it turns into a HIGH draw/hook. I was out hitting drivers today and was aiming down the right and letting them come back in, its so cool to see that after 20+ years of slicing to be able to step up and see that flight. I have even weakened my grip with my longer clubs.

So, thanks to all who gave tips and pointers!

• Staff
Now you will fight hook and piss yourself off trying to hit a fade on command
I already am having a hard time with a fade. I love it, but its still new.

I was out hitting drivers yesterday and hit the highest sweetest looking draw I have ever seen in person. Problem was, it just kept drawing and turning and hooking right into the bushes, LOL! It must have turned 40 yds right to left.

Good stuff Jim, just remember that there is nothing wrong with a small fade. Especially if it repeats.

"You can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

It's pretty cool!
A teaching pro once said to me, "It's much harder to turn a slice into a fade, than a hook into a draw."

Perhaps I'm biased. I was born with a draw.

• Staff
Good stuff Jim, just remember that there is nothing wrong with a small fade. Especially if it repeats.

"You can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"
I don't disagree! I had bigger issues leading to my slice though. They aren't gone but I am on my way to getting rid of them!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520