• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Blade Session-Phase 1

rockford35 said:
PS....I just got home from Red Lobster.....the boys took me there for my birthday, however somewhat belated.....i ate 110 shrimp.....my record is 170....my friends is 206......then he went to volleyball practice.... :D

R35

This brings to mind a Shrimp story from college.

I separated my left shoulder playing fraternity football. Total separation and the doctors wrapped the arm and shoulder to my chest with a super long Ace bandage. So I only had the use of my right hand. Left arm tightly around the body.

So, Monday nights are All You Can Eat Shrimp Nights at Ezell's Catfish Cabin. All you can eat shrimp for 10 cents each.

We sit down and I ate 119 shrimp. A friend who weighed about 30 pounds less had almost 200. I was ashamed.

Then we went back to the house and got into a drinking contest. I had drunk about 6-8 beers with dinner and we got into some rotgut Mexican tequila back at the house.

I had about half a litre of tequila and began to feel a little woooooozy.

Room starting to revoooooolve juuuuuust a bit.

Our fraternity house had a big shower on the 2nd floor that had six showerheads. I stumbled in there and started to puke.....

Then it started to smell so I turned on a couple of showers.

Then (shockingly) I got wet - so I got naked.

Then my arm started to ache from all the puking so I sat down. 119 shrimp lying all around me and I had nothing on but an Ace bandage. 4-5 showers pouring down water.

Then my friends came in and started pouring molasses and coffee grinds on me.

And then they took a few pictures.

And where are these pictures? (When i'm done this post, i'm doing a Google search, FORSURE!)

Great story. It takes a big man to admit that. Especially one that admits to allowing his friends to dump stiff all over him. Fetish much? ;)

R35

rockford35 said:
And where are these pictures? (When i'm done this post, i'm doing a Google search, FORSURE!)

Great story. It takes a big man to admit that. Especially one that admits to allowing his friends to dump stiff all over him. Fetish much? ;)

R35

Good God man - I didn't allow them to do Sh**. I was completely helpless - a broken, drunken fool lying in a pitiful heap of shrimp. :repuke: :fart:

BTW - they were all repaid in spades in future escapades.

Those stories and more....in future threads...exclusively here at Shottalk. :puke:

DaveE said:
As long as you're still looking check out Mizunos latest. I'm not sure what "cut muscle" means but it sounds bad a$$. :028:

It's actually a mix of cavity and muscleback. So you might get slightly more forgiveness on offcenter hits.

IrishGolfer said:
I have never seem CAST blades.
Ping make cast blades, though they aren't musclebacks. Actually all Ping clubs are cast. The metal they use are really soft, which makes it almost as soft as a forged iron.

Hey Rock, with practice you'll get used to the blades. You can't expect to be good on every shot the first time you try it. :canada:

Update on my personal blade forays...

Gave the Zuno MP14s back to my buddy after we played the tourney Saturday. They were awesome, but had excessive groove wear on several of the short irons, which hampered spin. The SW - 9 iron had little groove left to even sgarpen, so I gave them back-- not wanting to keep them if I wasn't interested in them long-term.

I did, however have the opportunity to test drive some Tommy Armour EVO 25 forged blades. OMG!!! Those things were silk. Awesome! I just got off of ebay and bought some, great condition, minor bag wear, great pics. I'll update you guys after I have them fit at Nevada Bob's and play them a while.

Rock, if you are lucky enough to find a demo set, jump on them-- you may be very interested. They are a quality forging, have all the ups of true blades, and slightly more forgiving. Silky feel and priced right if you can find them.

awww.golfreview.com_Channels_GolfReview_images_products_product_76541.jpg

Crowe,

Had a look, no luck. But i'll keep an eye open for them. I'd like to hit some beforehand, i'll see what i can arrange.

R35

IrishGolfer said:
Check this out...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18958&item=7103711170&rd=1

$85....you gotta be kidding me!
I have the progressive set of these. But for the wife finding out I'd be getting my self a set of these V Series blades.
I didn't know VJ played Nike. <snicker>

Good looking set of blades. Again, my scratch golf buddy plays these and absolutely loves them. He retired an older set of Titelist blades to play them. Go figure.

TA1 UPDATE

Well i called to organize a fitting session for my TA1's and the guy at the range just now told me that he couldn't get them for me, i made some calls around and found this great company in my area that will customize (bend, make udjustments etc etc....) my TA1's so I'm going to order them pretty much off the rack at golfdiscount.com they come 2 degress upright and i didn't want anything holding me back, and since everyone so highly recommends custom fitting i think it'll be worth it i'll keep filling u in

Sounds good, Gun. Let me know how it goes.

In the meantime, can you work on your punctuation? Reading your posts is giving me a complex!....lol. :yellow:

Cheer dude,

R35

Sure rock, no problem, i thought i was doing good in english class though.
A real eye opener, eh?

You thought you were doing "well" in English class.

Not to be a prune..... :p

It's all good, yo.

I'm guilty as sin for using improper English, but I try my best to punctuate as best as I can. It makes it easier to understand.

Plus, I don't go to no English class no more, they don't learn me nuthin' there anyways. ;)

R35

Rock... The EVo V25 blades came in today. Wow. I must reitterate the absolute beauty, quality and performance of these. The best value in forged, in my NSHO. I wouldn't have wanted to buy them without hitting them either, but I highly recommend you search some out to demo. I have a feeling they would seal your blade deal, and at a super low price to boot. Good luck with it.

Crowe,

Can you post some pics of the V25's for my sake? I've only seen the "rendered images" from the websites. I'd like to have a look at some "real" pictures.

If this isn't too much to ask.

Also, what shafts came in those clubs again?

Thanks so much,

R35

rockford35 said:
Crowe,

Can you post some pics of the V25's for my sake? I've only seen the "rendered images" from the websites. I'd like to have a look at some "real" pictures.

If this isn't too much to ask.

Also, what shafts came in those clubs again?

Thanks so much,

R35
Yah. I'll do what I can. I already owe the classified thread some TA 845 pics. They came with TT DG S300 shafts. They're in the shop right now getting bent to my fitted specs. They were 2* upright. I'll post some pics for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520