• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Great Gun Debate

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I too wish it wasn't necessary.

I can't imagine the evil required to shoot school kids. I have a hard time understanding why people run red lights let alone killing another human being with any implement.

Like you, I understand its just not going to happen. There are evil people in this world and nothing, especially not laws, is going to stop that. Thankfully the majority of people are good people. That majority is needed to keep the evil in check. We need to give that majority the tools necessary to defend themselves from that evil.

Instead of burying our heads we need to attack this issue head on. Disarming the good isn't the answer.

The problem is you have a very narrow mind when it comes to guns. You refuse to accept that guns are used for anything other than what you say they were designed to do. Do you have documentation that the original purpose of a gunpowder propelled shoulder fired weapon was to kill people? I'm honestly asking, I don't know.

You can easily look up the invention and history of a gun. Furthermore, you don't provide any other useful purpose to society for a gun.

So is your issue with the AR-15 or the amount of rds the magazine holds? Like has been discussed over and over it's just a rifle like thousands of other rifles, just has scary looking attachments on it which for the most part don't do a damn thing except help make it look "scary". Everyone wants to pigeonhole this one sort of rifle as somehow being evil and capable of inflicting massive damage and carnage when the facts have been show that in the USA alone more people are killed with the barehands and feet of people vs any form of rifle. And yes I can easily post the numbers, have seen the charts and it's not even close.

Yes, my problem is more with the large capacity of the magazine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You can easily look up the invention and history of a gun. Furthermore, you don't provide any other useful purpose to society for a gun.
Self defense.

I wanted to read your particular source for this information.

I don't know. I do know that the high schools and middle schools (not sure about elementary) here have SRO's (school resource officers) who carry badges and guns. There are also metal detectors that get used for sporting events.

The big debate here is the Sheriff's office wants to take control of the SRO's so they answer to law enforcement instead of to the school board or principal.
Why wouldn't they be under the control of the sheriff? Would it be better for them to answer to the school board? How is the school board selected near you? Here it's on a volunteer basis and people are elected.

Why wouldn't they be under the control of the sheriff? Would it be better for them to answer to the school board? How is the school board selected near you? Here it's on a volunteer basis and people are elected.
They just aren't, not sure how that came about. The problem with them answering to the board is that gives control to the principals on a daily basis, and the superintendant in general. The less that's reported, the better your school system looks in the eyes of the state. So, they don't report stuff that happens, and the principals over ride the SRO's.

Our board is volunteer, elected.

They just aren't, not sure how that came about. The problem with them answering to the board is that gives control to the principals on a daily basis, and the superintendant in general. The less that's reported, the better your school system looks in the eyes of the state. So, they don't report stuff that happens, and the principals over ride the SRO's.

Our board is volunteer, elected.
Ok I see.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54
Back