• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Oaks is opening in 5 days.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
John, Bake, Clark, etc. The Oaks here outside Madison is opening up effective march 17th. Carts will be available but cart path only. Wish I could play as i'm sure within a month or so as the weather gets better i will be going stir crazy to get out & play.

No word from courses up here yet. Still got patches of snow. Those will be gone by this weekend though. My course prob won't open until April, so I have to play some shitty ones a couple times before I get my season pass.

John, Bake, Clark, etc. The Oaks here outside Madison is opening up effective march 17th. Carts will be available but cart path only. Wish I could play as i'm sure within a month or so as the weather gets better i will be going stir crazy to get out & play.

I just found out about a week ago that i work with a girl who is the neice of the man who owns the oaks golf course...she doesnt even golf...and she wont take me out there for a free round either...:killersmiley:

LOL....might have to hit it up...

Temps are warming up this coming week, uppoer 40's low 50's this weekend, then supposed to hit 58 by tuesday. I can see a number of courses opening up for at least a few days.

Bridges is opening the same day, amy actually open a day or 2 earlier depending on the weather.

I'll be hitting the Milwaukee Golf Show either today or tomorrow and will be asking who's almost ready. My home course probably won't be until the 1st week in April as a couple holes are always wet early in the Spring.

Kevin

Went to the Milwaukee Show for a hour and a half. Sounds like most courses are shooting for next week. The Oaks is planning on Tuesday.

The Kohler course are offing rounds in April for $55.00 which doesn't include carts or caddies. Whistling Straits looks pretty good at that price. Too bad I'm too fat to walk it. LOL.

My club is shooting for next Friday barring any horrendous weather.

Bought two dozen ProV 1x for $35.00 a box. 5, 6, 7, and 8s which I love. They had the FT-i Tours with the Matrix Xcon 6 shafts for $179.00 at all the club purveyor booths. The only problem was they were all in right handed.

Kevin

Spring Creek in Whitewater says the expect to open within a week, possibly as early as Wednesday.
Im a member there and thats what I was told when I stopped by for a beer after work.

Yes--I saw Bridges and Oaks are opening this Tuesday. I am going to end up in MadTown Sunday and am hoping Bridges will have a preopening:thumbs up:.

Hey Bakemono,

I didn't realize you lived so close to Whitewater. I went to college there and played Spring Creek probably every week (and the range at least 3 times a week). Have you ever played Prairie Woods?

Fitz

Lake Mills is opening tomorrow at 10:00. For Bake & Clark & even Kevin that's just a short hop down the road, plus it's a decent course but you sure as hell don't want to walk. It's a long from green to the next set of tees on quite a few holes.

Hey Bakemono,

I didn't realize you lived so close to Whitewater. I went to college there and played Spring Creek probably every week (and the range at least 3 times a week). Have you ever played Prairie Woods?

Fitz
I live in Edgerton, but Spring Creek is only a few miles away from where I work, so Im a member there because its nothing to put the clubs in my truck and play a quick 9 after work. Plus, at $350 a year for unlimited golf, its a great deal.
I also play a lot at Oak Ridge/Bonnie Meade, Creekview and Hackbarth Hills.
Ive never played Prairie Woods.
BTW, Spring Creek MIGHT be open tomorrow (its a very slim chance though) but they will PROBABLY be open by Wednesday.
Just a little heads up, make sure you call before you make the trip.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520