• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The return of Hogan clubs

I don't have images to upload (still have a 1990s flip phone), but the website has good pics.

I'm not good enough to play blades, but golf has become about fresh air and social time with friends. I was an eight.
Now I'm a thirteen and rising, so while I'm in diminished skills mode, why not go back to blades? They actually launch OK with senior flex graphite.

No golf club that I happen to be swinging can play better than I do, and I can't play as well as these FW15s can. They're certainly not hurting me--I can say that much. They play very similar to the Miura MC102s that I got for a retirement gift when I was a mere youth of 55.

I really love the sole stampings, though. It doesn't have any effect on the playability of the clubs, of course, but it's something for which I've been calling for years.
"... mere youth of 55..."??? So, how long ago was that. Haven't you read the application form for this board? We have an age limit. Right now, it's 68. It'll go up to 69 in a couple of months. If you're older than that, take your Depends and your Hogans and.......... :D

Still in the area? I live about a Half hour north of boston
Psssst.... I think he's so old he probably lit Paul Revere's lanterns for him!!!! I haven't heard him talk funny, though, like you Bostonians do. If he's older than I am, I'm gonna tie a knot in his catheter. :D

Maybe I should take a day off today.
(Yes, I'm still in the general area.)

If anybody remembers the Hogan PC iron of the early to mid-eighties, these new irons aren't them. The PCs had a sweet spot the size of a pencil eraser at the very most. The new FW15s aren't beginners clubs to be sure, but they haven't hurt me so far and I'm up to a thirteen in my senior years.

A cavity back model similar to the original Hogan Edge will be shown at the PGA show in January. Maybe I should have waited for that one, but I've no complaints with the FW15s. No club is able to hit the ball better than I can off my swing.

If anybody remembers the Hogan PC iron of the early to mid-eighties, these new irons aren't them. The PCs had a sweet spot the size of a pencil eraser at the very most. The new FW15s aren't beginners clubs to be sure, but they haven't hurt me so far and I'm up to a thirteen in my senior years.

A cavity back model similar to the original Hogan Edge will be shown at the PGA show in January. Maybe I should have waited for that one, but I've no complaints with the FW15s. No club is able to hit the ball better than I can off my swing.
They sure are pretty. I wish you could hit them and see what they're like without blindly buying. As far as u know they're only available with KBS shafts which don't fit me. They feel good but I spin them way too much.

They sure are pretty. I wish you could hit them and see what they're like without blindly buying. As far as u know they're only available with KBS shafts which don't fit me. They feel good but I spin them way too much.
For shits and grins I did the hogan fit in their site and there were a ton of shaft options. With wedges the whole set was going to be like $2k. Nope.

For shits and grins I did the hogan fit in their site and there were a ton of shaft options. With wedges the whole set was going to be like $2k. Nope.

I went through it the other night and built a nice short set - 6-SW for about $1K........nope.

$168 per with Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2Gs and UST graphite shafts. If you're not past the mortgage and kids' tuitions part of your life, that's a little rough, I agree.
Except I woulnt play graphite, nor 2g wraps.

I stopped wearing a glove twenty years ago and thus went exclusively to wrap-type grips.

As for steel shafts, they makes my hands swell after five or six holes. Just looking at them makes me uncomfortable now. My putter doesn't have graphite, though. It has a hickory shaft.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520