• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Russian sub...

Kilted Arab

Reaction score
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4128716.stm

This is a great story. Russian sub trapped at the bottom of the ocean, 600 feet down. Who steps in to help? Not the Chinese...not the French...not the Germans - but Britain and the U.S.

I believe this is one of the British/US values that sets us aside from many/most other nations: the ability to set aside political/idealogical differences in the name of humanity.

Long may those values last.

Great job. This even came up in the grill yesterday after our round.

I was a bit surprised that the Russians were so emphatic in their praise of their rescuers...thought they would be more subdued (ha!)....

Can you even imagine what it would be like in that sub? Stuck on the bottom and running out of air. Unbelievable.

Heard on the news this morning they only had about 6 hours of air left and had written fairwell letters to their families. Dreadful...

Now they all have to follow though with the promises they made to their god to get them out of that mess. "Lord, just save me and I'll golf less and spend more time with the wife."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520