• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

'Tis the season...

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Reaction score
for all the young bucks to hide in our neighborhood until hunting season is over. :p
buck.jpg

Yup, always suspected that although I am sure they also have built underground bunkers like the Viet Cong did and just hide out down there until after hunting season is over. :laugh:

We have Buckzilla up here. Shot at him many times. I hit him but believe he wears reactive armor plates as sparks fly and bullets ricochet. Anyway he just snorts and disappears. How big is he??? Oh I say about he's about a thirty point buck. How do I know??? Coming off a stop sign I was traveling about 5 mph with my Ford F250. He came out of the ditch rammed is shoulder into the front 1/4 panel and door sneered and walked of. Left me with $1,800 of damage and a story to tell.

If you want to see a great deer hunting movie check out "Escanaba in the Moonlight". Filmed in Escanaba, Michigan and directed by Jeff Bridges this low budget movie reflects what truly happens in the North Woods hunting cabin while pursuing that mythical trophy buck. It involves lot of Leinenkugel Beer--Leinys to those currently in a the north woods bar. Jimmer from Menomomie. I know a few guys like him

Gun deer season in Wisconsin is widely referred to as Holy Week and is only second to the Packer's Sunday. Many take this time VERY seriously--right, WBL and sssmokin???

It sounds alot like Pennsylvania hunting season up here. I love nothing more than Archery season. I was out yesterday and shot a half-decent 8-point. First buck ever in archery season. I will try and post some pics later after I finish my Wendys awesome food. Dressed in at about 195-205 on rough basis cause it kept sliding off the scale.:hunter::hunter::hunter:

I've already started packing zaphod!!! (and it's not until two weeks from now) :D

I have seen Buckzilla Jr. around here before. My neighbors are angry because the field on our street is now being developed, so no more hunting is allowed anywhere near us. But this buck is a monster. Maybe he is so old and wise that he knows nobody can get him here. :laugh:

I used to have a video of our yorkie looking out the window at a 12 pointer eating apples in our yard. Her ears were up, she was crouched down, etc. Hunting him. :laugh:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520