• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Titleist AP1

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Reaction score
The Bridgestone GC's, just aren't blowing my skirt up and I've gone back to my Titleist 822OS irons (again).

The new AP1's have got my interest, anyone been there?

Some of you guys that have played with me (IG, VT, Eraser, et al) am I smoking dope thinking I can hit Titleist Irons?

The Bridgestone GC's, just aren't blowing my skirt up and I've gone back to my Titleist 822OS irons (again).

Some of you guys that have played with me (IG, VT, Eraser, et al) am I smoking dope thinking I can hit Titleist Irons?
UM...you've played a round with me, and I wouldn't touch them.

wirehair, go buy some Ping classics...i3 o-size, eye 2's, ISI K's...find the ones that feel good and you'll never look back.

Stick with the 822OS... those are a great match for you.

The AP1s are very nice clubs. I thought they were designed for mid to high handicappers with a larger head and high launch shafts.

You guys are all correct, 822's are my clubs but they're sorta beat up & unfortunately need to be replaced. I've struck out with MX-25's and Bridgestone GC's - soooooo, I'm going with AP1's.

First choice is Graphite Design YS. 2nd choice is 85G Aldila YS (quasi stock). If I can't find those I'll get whatever & reshaft with my existing shafts.

BTW - VT, Joe et al. My body is healthy for the first time in 2 years & unless I break something again, like an ankle, elbow or knee, I'm heading for 15 this season. :)

Y
BTW - VT, Joe et al. My body is healthy for the first time in 2 years & unless I break something again, like an ankle, elbow or knee, I'm heading for 15 this season. :)

Heading for 15???

Please clue me in Jedi.

You get down wif yo bad sef!

With my knee and ankle solid, I can turn & shift my weight, ligaments in right elbow are well enough release and to extend the arm. Slice seems to be tamed, I'm driving in fairways (not real long but in the fairway), and long irons are back in my bag. If I control my tempo and play within myself today, I'll shoot "bogeyish" golf.

Unless something bad happens, and I can tighten up my chips & wedge play (inside 10' instead of 20'), I can see consistent scores in low 90's to mid 80's. That ought to put me in the 15-18 range.

That's my story & I'm sticking to it.:)

If I had the ability to remove my brain on the first tee I would be scratch. :D

Glad to hear your finally getting it all together physically. Now you just have to unlearn all those swing faults you created to avoid damaging the injured areas when you were hurting. :laugh:

I've got the AP2's and love them... I think the AP1's have a bit more offset.

Decided to reopen this thread since it refers to the Titleist AP1. My question is on one of my irons the elastomer cushion has come off. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement elastomer cushion from?

Dredged this one up. Dunno about the elastomer. Check with your pro.

On another note, AP1's came and went. Someone here has them now.

Sure enough, tore up my knee, ankle and elbow as projected. Still can't hit long irons. Cap is back up over 20, but falling again.

I have em, nice irons but I don't use anything higher than the 6 iron.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520