• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tommy’s Honour

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is an absolute must read for the golfing historian, author is Kevin Cook. I have read this book before a few years ago but I’m still mesmorised by it second time round. It tells the tale of Tom Morris and his son Tom.
here's some background...

It focuses on four-time Open champion Old Tom Morris, widely considered the founder of the modern game, and his son, Tommy. Morris was the son of a weaver from St Andrews who went on to design some of the world’s greatest courses, including Prestwick and Muirfield, and helped popularise the modern rubber golf ball. He founded the Open Championship at Prestwick in 1860, and seven years later became its oldest winner, at the age of 46. His son Tommy, a golfing great in his own right, matched his father’s achievement with four Open wins, the first at the age of 17, managing the feat in consecutive championships. Both men set records that still stand today, and have been recognised with induction into The World Golf Hall Of Fame.

And now it’s been made into a movie, I cannot wait!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520