• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Trying to quit smoking

No doubt, the money I'm saving from not smoking I think I'll buy me a motorcycle. :laugh:

Great idea.

I feel like I cheated myself now. When I quit 25 years ago I got myself a VCR. :p

Great idea.

I feel like I cheated myself now. When I quit 25 years ago I got myself a VCR. :p

Beta or VHS? :biglol::biglol::biglol:

It could have been worse. i.e. VCP (Video Cassette Player, no recording capabilities).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good grief, when does this get easier? 2 weeks now and I still want a cigg. In fact, I could smoke one right now as long as my F-150 ext cab. :laugh:

Played golf yesterday in a 4some, I was the only one not smoking, I hadn't even taken a cigar. That was tough.

Do these intense craving ever go away?

Good grief, when does this get easier? 2 weeks now and I still want a cigg. In fact, I could smoke one right now as long as my F-150 ext cab. :laugh:

Played golf yesterday in a 4some, I was the only one not smoking, I hadn't even taken a cigar. That was tough.

Got news for ya pal.. once an addict.. always an addict. It's been 2 years now and I still get a craving every now and then. I've talked to many long time smokers and most of them say that they never really fully got away from the craving. You just learn to deal with it. There are rare cases that put them down and never had a desire to smoke again.. but I think that's pretty rare.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Got news for ya pal.. once an addict.. always an addict. It's been 2 years now and I still get a craving every now and then. I've talked to many long time smokers and most of them say that they never really fully got away from the craving. You just learn to deal with it. There are rare cases that put them down and never had a desire to smoke again.. but I think that's pretty rare.

Wow, aren't you a little ray of sunshine this morning? :biglol:

Not exactly what I wanted to hear, but pretty much what I was expecting.

It took a while but for me but it got easier with time and then the cravings went away. Funny how it seems everyone smokes after you quit though.

I know I'm repeating myself but remember, it's an addiction so quitting is suppose to be hard. You'd probably be better off dropping the cigars for now too but I'm sure I've preached enough for one post. :p

The cravings will go away. That's not to say the little "knock, knock" on your brain will go away - it won't. But after 5 years I absolutely have no desire to smoke a cigarette. None.

Wow, aren't you a little ray of sunshine this morning? :biglol:

Not exactly what I wanted to hear, but pretty much what I was expecting.

lol well... yes and no :)

It does get easier with time... but as far as ever being completely gone I don't think I'll ever get rid of a craving here and there.

Oh and it's mostly situational. Hanging out in the back yard on a warm day grillin with a beer. Resting after a hard days yard work... right after a good meal.. etc.

^^^^^ What he said. It does get easier. Eventually, you'll think cigarette smoke is just plain nasty.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

FedEx Ranking