• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tulsa Golf Expo

slickpitt

Reaction score
Went to the Tulsa Golf Expo yesterday and messaged around for a few hours.

First thing I did was bought a little golf vacation package thingy. 3 nights stay and 2 rounds of golf on the new Payne Stewart course in Branson. Pretty decent deal.. I guess it's a whole new community with houses and timeshares and all that jazz... so you have to go for an hour or so while you're there and listen to some dude show you around the place. For the price($150) hell yeah I'm all over it. Only fine print to it that I managed to find was you had to meet certain age and income requirements. I was pretty skeptical at first... but everything seemed to be on the up and up, we'll see. Probably going to go in May.

Sean "The Beast" Fister was there. Several time long drive champ for those that don't know the name. Listened to his little talk he had on long drives and stories and such. Seemed like a nice enough guy.. little cocky... had some good thoughts on hitting the long ball. Watched him hit a few balls on the launch monitor. Pretty impressive... couple 400+ according to the monitor. Being in-doors and up close to him... holy LOUD lol. That dude definiately generates some clubhead speed!

I was a little dissapointed in the manufacturers that showed up... or rather didn't show up. No Titleist, no Callaway, no Cobra, no Ping. Cleveland, Tour Edge, Nickent, Wilson, and Mizzuno was there. I hit a few Nickent clubs... meh not impressed. I hit the Wilson Staff Fg59 Tour blade irons just for the hell of it. Such a classic looking blade I figured it would feel like a lump of iron on a stick. I was VERY impressed! Great feel, solid conatact on the couple I got on the toe. Very smooth feeling club! Seriously blown away.

Other than that not much to write home about. Some decent deals on clothing and apparal. Clubs were all way over-priced... some of the big retailers are offering better deals on brand new stuff. Found out the new course/club they are opening near me is going to be $25k/year membership. I just laughed and told her good luck with that. lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520