• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Turtle season is upon us

ezra76

Reaction score
Even on a Wednesday, cripes. Stuck behind 2 of the slowest 4somes on the planet. We only had 3 so they stuck a single with us. Not sure he broke 150. I'm not one to complain if someone is having a hard time out there but this dude was slow on top of slow. I told him a bunch of times to play ready golf and I don't care if he walks behind me or whatever while I'm putting, chipping anything. We also had to get him to leave the bag somewhere remotely close to where he'd be walking off the green. He'd leave it in front, skull a chip, walk around the back without it, then have to walk 20yds. back to get the thing.

I was just not having fun. I'd had it on 17 when I must have waited 8 minutes to hit my second shot then 10 minutes to chip my 3rd. This guy hits a tree, hits it in the water, drops a ball and takes like 15 practice swings.... then turns the club over to see which one it is!!! Then hits it in the water... again!! I don't mean to be a jerk but come on. Don't play a course that is miles beyond your skill level and make it miserable for everyone else. For the 1st time in my life I saw a driver off the tee result in negative yardage... twice.

All perspective, I guess. I feel like I'm a fast player. Last Friday, I played with the electrician that I am on the job with on occasion. Holy crap, I'm a sloth! He was like drive up, hop out, club, boom, gone. I think on an open course he could have done it in 90 minutes.

Believe me, I don't expect a lot. When have to totally change my routine to pick up someone elses slack, that's when I've had enough. Example, par 5 he hits it off a tree into a muddy, 2foot high grass area you are supposed to clear off the tee. I told him he'd be better off dropping a ball (group behind us is already on the tee, I had to wait for the group ahead to hit my tee sot). He goes in there, can't find it, walks 60yds. back to where he left his bag, bring it over to where he'd been looking, drops a ball, duffs 3 more shots before he's past my drive. Same thing every time too, minumum 12 practice swings and freeze over the ball, then chunk it 20-30yds.. I don't want to ruin anyones day of recreation but how could he be having fun? If it'd been the 3 of us, we'd have played through the group in front for sure but couldn't dragging that septuple bogey anchor.

I feel you man. When it turns the corner here into the 80's every jim bob....no offense to any jim bob's.....come out to get in everybody's way.

I play on a fairly regular basis with a family member that is pretty slow. I am not playing speed golf but man he gets me all out of my game. His issues aren't with hitting the ball bad and making high numbers....he just stands over the ball like it is gonna hit itself. Then on the green he will look at the cup like 14 times before he hits his putt. If I hole out before him I just go get in the cart or walk to the next hole. The problem is the more he plays instead of getting faster and hitting the ball better he gets freakin slower and slower. Makes no sense to me.

Jason

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427