• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

U2 in Dublin

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to get hold of 2 tickets for Monday night's (last of three) gig in Croak Park. 79,998 fans plus me and the wife!

Fairly impressive stage, a great 2 hour+ playlist of new and old stuff, Bono the ever engaging showman all added up to a great night.

Only problem was getting home that night at 2.45am and having to get up for work after only 4.5 hrs. sleep. I'm gettingtoo old for this game!

Highlights of the night. Vertigo and One! Rock on!

IG,

I bet that was rockin.......I missed a chance to see them years ago when they did a stadium tour.......I am going to see Tool tonight in Charlotte....another awesome rock band.

Jason

Sweet!

I'm still torqued that there not coming to California on this tour!

IG,

I bet that was rockin.......I missed a chance to see them years ago when they did a stadium tour.......I am going to see Tool tonight in Charlotte....another awesome rock band.

Jason

I saw Tool here in Oz about 18 moths ago for the Big Day Out. Awesome show... Between them and Pearl Jam for the best acts I've seen live with PJ maybe slightly coming out on top.

U2? Bah, you can keep 'em... (And yes I do realise that I've just poked the entire Irish nation with that statement, kind of like making fun of TinTin in front of a Belgian.):p

I saw Tool here in Oz about 18 moths ago for the Big Day Out. Awesome show... Between them and Pearl Jam for the best acts I've seen live with PJ maybe slightly coming out on top.

U2? Bah, you can keep 'em... (And yes I do realise that I've just poked the entire Irish nation with that statement, kind of like making fun of TinTin in front of a Belgian.):p

LH, I hear ya! And don't worry I'm bullet proof. I'm not religious about music and have no real love for U2, maybe 10 years ago I had. But I got offered tickets and decided to go for a day out with the wife!

U2 has faced some stiff criticism over the past year or so. They have moved all their business offshore (tax scam), yet still live in Ireland. Their latest album was given a lukewarm welcome, a lot were saying they were yesterday's band and had sold out to The Man. But in fairness these Dublin gig's were given glowing reviews, some say the best ever and I thought it was excellent value for money.

I'm seriously considering skipping my college orientation and driving 9 hours to see them in Chicago on August 23rd. Bad timing, if the orientation started two days later I could go... :unhappy: Will see them one day.

I'm seriously considering skipping my college orientation and driving 9 hours to see them in Chicago on August 23rd. Bad timing, if the orientation started two days later I could go... :unhappy: Will see them one day.

Put it on your 'bucket list' at least Jake. One of those 'must do before you die things'. Or at least before they die anyway.

Put it on your 'bucket list' at least Jake. One of those 'must do before you die things'. Or at least before they die anyway.

They're not that old... I'm going to as soon as possible.

LH, I hear ya! And don't worry I'm bullet proof. I'm not religious about music and have no real love for U2, maybe 10 years ago I had. But I got offered tickets and decided to go for a day out with the wife!

U2 has faced some stiff criticism over the past year or so. They have moved all their business offshore (tax scam), yet still live in Ireland. Their latest album was given a lukewarm welcome, a lot were saying they were yesterday's band and had sold out to The Man. But in fairness these Dublin gig's were given glowing reviews, some say the best ever and I thought it was excellent value for money.

So, unlike IG, I'm not Irish, I live on the west coast of the US, and I take my U2 seriously.

LH, you better start singing the praises of U2 or else I'm going to be having myself a fire sale... ;)

So, unlike IG, I'm not Irish, I live on the west coast of the US, and I take my U2 seriously.

LH, you better start singing the praises of U2 or else I'm going to be having myself a fire sale... ;)

U2 are great, best band ever.... (have you sent the box yet???)

You have? Oh, in that case U2 suck!!!! ;)

I always thoroughly enjoyed this Bono joke I read a few years back...

Bono is onstage clapping slowly and sonorously declaring.....
'Every time I clap (pause) my hands (pause) a child dies in Africa.'
At which point an unusually intelligent person in the audience shouts 'Well, stop f**king clapping, you idiot!!'

Sorry guys, just NEVER been a fan and won't be happening any time soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520