• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Vintage golf play

So, "vintage golf" is played with clubs manufactured before 1980. If golf is played by stylish, great looking, gentlemanly acting 'mature' men who have attained 70 years of age... wouldn't that be "vintage golf" no matter what clubs were in their bag??:D

Here's "vintage" for you!! Was just down cleaning the clubs. I had some teeth pulled and a got a partial in 1981. The dentist gave me a "denture brush" to use with the partial. I always used a regular tooth brush and have used the denture brush for club cleaning ever since I began playing the game. I don't know how many different sets of irons that rascal has brushed the dirt from the grooves on, but they number in the dozens. And... that same old denture brush resides on my basement bench and cleaned the clubs today. If I don't have vintage clubs at least I have a "vintage" cleaning brush!!!

Does that mean you know what these are Limp??
NO! And I can't find any information of the history of Fazer Golf. Today, they appear to be a cheap brand sold in the UK.
What I was getting at was for that era, these are quite the irons. I wonder what material they are made of. Manganese bronze? Back then, everything was typically a forging and had the "chrome look". These are certainly different.
Hang on to them. You won't get a pittance from they on the open market. When you are old and gray, you will enjoy showing them off to the other old duffers while enjoying an ale after a round of golf.

NO! And I can't find any information of the history of Fazer Golf. Today, they appear to be a cheap brand sold in the UK.
What I was getting at was for that era, these are quite the irons. I wonder what material they are made of. Manganese bronze? Back then, everything was typically a forging and had the "chrome look". These are certainly different.
Hang on to them. You won't get a pittance from they on the open market. When you are old and gray, you will enjoy showing them off to the other old duffers while enjoying an ale after a round of golf.

Those Fazers are the cat's ass!

They sure are something else that's for sure. The mountain lion?? Logo is bad ASS!! Never really had any plans to get rid of them, but now I won't be thanks to Limp!

The only other info I can find from this 3i is they are Apollo Spectre R flex steel shafts. I can't find any other markings on them. I think the Golf Pride Velvet cord grips were add ons.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520