• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Vokey

BigJim13

Staff member
Reaction score
I must say...I'm disappointed. I expected amazing feel from this club based on how talked about Vokeys are and how expensive they are. Super sharp looking but really clicky and hard feeling. :(

SO disappointed. For my money I'm sticking with Callaway and Cleveland.

Did you give them the mandatory 10 swings? :) Anyways, give it a few sessions. I felt the same way at first on my DTG wedges, but after about 3-4 sessions at the practice area I don't feel that way anymore.

I must say...I'm disappointed. I expected amazing feel from this club based on how talked about Vokeys are and how expensive they are. Super sharp looking but really clicky and hard feeling. :(

I've have Callaway X Series Jaws (slate) 52* and 58* wedges for sale...

Which wedge is it?

I have a vokey because I wanted a low bounce wedge for certain shots and I picked it up out of the used rack for $29 bucks. That said I like the feel of my Callaway forged sand wedge. It feels a lot better than the Vokey. If I find a Cally lob wedge close to the specs I want I will definitely get it.

Feel. The final frontier. Not a single person I have read has truly related feel to accuracy. How much does feel affect accuracy?

Just fo' sh@ts and giggles.

Right. I agree it affects confidence. Mainly I offer that it affects the expected sensations of a full shot. However, after experiencing many women, I propose the full shot has variances. And specifically the interest is accuracy, as drywall and other "feel" issues surely affect the outgoing flight of the balls.

I have a vokey because I wanted a low bounce wedge for certain shots and I picked it up out of the used rack for $29 bucks. That said I like the feel of my Callaway forged sand wedge. It feels a lot better than the Vokey. If I find a Cally lob wedge close to the specs I want I will definitely get it.
I have yet to find better feeling and more consistent wedges than my old Callaway X forged vintage wedges. They were money.

Tell you what, Jim...since you don't like the wedge, I'll take it off your hands for $15...including shipping. :D

Tell you what, Jim...since you don't like the wedge, I'll take it off your hands for $15...including shipping. :D
I already sold it on eBay. Just waiting for payment, I appreciate the offer though! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520