• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wanted: Low spin driver info

I am very curious to hear the outcome with your friend. I too have alot of the same issues.

My swing is evolving. At a time I was very steep and delofted the driver 7* at impact because of my hands being way ahead of the club at impact. As a band-aid I bought a 10.5* driver with the UST AXIVCORE Black Tour 69 X Flex shaft. This shaft has a low kickpoint.

The driver worked great for a while, but now my swing is more on plain, and I am releasing my hands at impact.

So now I am launching the ball 11-13 degrees and I have 3900-4800 mph spin.....not good. My drives fly 265 and stop.

I love my driver head. It is the Taylormade R7 Limited TP head. Is this head a high spinning head? I wish I could find a shaft to fix the spin and keep the head.

Any thoughts?

if low spinning combo is what's after, i'd get ozik F6m2/F7m2 LTD in correct flex and get one of those lower spinning heads and call it a day.

some other low spin shafts
rombax z
diamana wb
ozik tp
vtlt
vt80
just to name a few.

like what lyle said, we don't know if his flight is high b/c of backspin or high angle of attack.

There is a guy in Lake Charles, LA that has a shaft line called RT Technologies. Not sure if you ever heard of him, but he has a few guys on tour playing his shafts.

Anyway, I went and he fit me for a Adams A4 9.5* driver with his Zeus 75gram Stiff flex shaft.

He dropped my spin from 3800 to 2600, but I can't hit that driver straight to save my life.

I still have my Taylormade R7 and hit it straight, but it doesn't go very far at all for a guy with a swing speed of 110-115.

Are all Taylormade heads high spinning?

EDUCATION.

Before anyone can really assist with this guys problem we need more information.

We need to get him on a LM and get some specific numbers....i.e. SS, angle at impact, power transfer numbers...etc.

The problem may be something very minor and easily fixable with his swing...set up, address....grip...etc.

I would encourage him to get his swing analyzed from an unbiased club fitter before he does or buys anything.

Absolutely, he may just need a harder ball and a minor swing tweak! As for lower spinning heads, someone mentioned the Geek DCT. These are lower spinning because WHERE the COG is located in the head. This does not mean this guy needs this head just because its low spinning

When I see guys at the range hitting drives that fall out of the air, and they look at the trajectory I get, they always assume its the club head, never the shaft, never their swings. They also forget I've spent a fortune on Ebay and many hours at a range, but anyway, some of these problems are nothing to do with spin. They are just hitting the ball to high to nstart with, and assume its spin that creates the height. Very few are getting this hieght with balloons, they just launch them high and they drop quick.

Ballooning is a rare thing, yet I hear it all the time "my drives are ballooning and the ball is going to high"

I point out, a) its not ballooning and b) its not to high if you hit it harder

Indacup is bang on as usual. IF someone is genuinely swinging well, and full speed and thus ballooning, them maybe, just maybe a really good fitting sessions with shafts and heads could be required. Any decent player can balloon a drive and drop it quickly on purpose, so it stands to reason lesser players will do this by accident.

Dave,

What good club fitters do you know of close to LA? Or even Memphis, I will be there next week.

LOl, I know of one er, In Yorkshire, England :)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520