• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Watch any movies lately?

Step Brothers, Pineapple Express and The Dark Knight are best I've seen in a while.

7 pounds----Good movie

Australia---could feel the testosterone leaving my body

wanting to see Grand Torino

Want to see Gran Torino, & you actually watched Australia? Don't know what it is about Nicole Kidman but for some reason I can't stand her or any movies she is in.

Australia---could feel the testosterone leaving my body

PLEASE don't judge us on this. No self-respecting Aussie has gone to see it. :australia It's not even going to break even according to latest reports, and we don't say ''crikey'' like this movie portrays.

WORST FILM EVER! (And I haven't even seen it)

I just watched "Gone baby gone" & am feeling a bit down. The movie was pretty good but I was letdown by the ending.

Going to watch Eagle Eye tomorow & the wife just picked up that new one with Pacino & Deniro in it, can't recall the name of it.

I just watched "Gone baby gone" & am feeling a bit down. The movie was pretty good but I was letdown by the ending.

Going to watch Eagle Eye tomorow & the wife just picked up that new one with Pacino & Deniro in it, can't recall the name of it.

Righteous Kill. Eagle Eye, like many movies, is good if you don't expect much out of it. That's why I like most movies, few do I have expectations for.

Re watched The Dark Knight yesterday with my wife (she had not seen it yet). When it was over, she said "There's not many movies that I watch that when they're over, I can say that was a good movie. This wasn't one of them." I think I hyped it up too much for her, telling her what a great job Heath Ledger did as The Joker. She even said she preferred Nicholson's Joker.

I also watched Harold last night. Cute little movie about a 13 year old boy with male pattern baldness moving to a new town. It wasn't laugh out loud funny, but it had it's moments. Good movie to watch with the opposite sex.

Re watched The Dark Knight yesterday with my wife (she had not seen it yet). When it was over, she said "There's not many movies that I watch that when they're over, I can say that was a good movie. This wasn't one of them." I think I hyped it up too much for her, telling her what a great job Heath Ledger did as The Joker. She even said she preferred Nicholson's Joker.

I do like Jack as Joker, but Heath Ledger painted a Joker that was truly Batman's nemesis, alter ego, opposite.

Jack is crazy, but he lacks any real psychological depth from an objective POV of his character. Its well acted and he seems crazy, but that's it.

Heath has a reason, more of a reason than Jack, and has a certain depth to his madness that I found incredibly compelling, and sadly, understood.

Ledger's Joker added a certain sadistic side to the Joker as well ;)

Watched "1408" last night. It's an adaptation of a Stephen King short story about an evil hotel room and a writer who debunks supernatural claims.

I didn't have big expectations for the movie, since the story was kind of lame, but at the end of the movie I said, "Man, that guy got seriously f*cked with!"

3.5 out of 5 stars.

It's a lot like "The Mist" - also adapted from a Stephen King story. Kind of lame, but kind of damn good at the same time.

I can't see how anyone would prefer Nicholsons joker over Ledgers. The scene where he is coming out of the hospital wearing the nurses uniform is priceless. I love his mannerisms as the building is blowing up.

I do agree with too much hype & possibly overstepping the expectations. I recall back when Lord of the Rings came out, a guy I worked with was fanatical about the movie...I swore he would dress up as Gandalf if his wife would allow him too. Anyways he hyped it up so much & when I saw it I thought it was rather lame. Was really expecting to have my senses blown away, didn't happen.

Interestingly enough, we went to an actual movie theatre for the first time since 2000 when we went to "Pay it Forward". Before that I think it was "Disclosure" and "Clear and Present Danger" back in 1994.

Pretty funny because I watch a ton of movies, but have rarely paid for them outside of Amazon Unbox, DVD's, or what I can find on TiVo.

We went to Gran Turino, and while I have been a fan of Clint Eastwood ever since his Westerns and Dirty Harry days, I would likely put this up against his best work. Actually the last movie of his that I would put on this level for what I actually paid to see in a theatre was "The Outlaw Jose Wales" (I was 11 at the time). Not sure if it is because I am a big fan of Psychological and Philosophical Thrillers, but to me this show hit home in a few ways. Probably mostly in how I view racism in America. I do not consider myself racist against anyone with exception to those who are racist to their own culture. Which more times than not, I will say what I think regardless of how it offends simply because I view it a trait of being open minded. I grew up in a Military Backround, and my wife grew up in a culturally diverse invironment where racism was something you encontered a great deal.

As a result, I learned to despise racism, but in the same sense I always also viewed with an open mind that Reverse racism is apparent in our society. Even further, I have a serious understanding for Eastwoods character, in that he simply says it how he feels. As a result many may find it offensive in simply not being able to look past the very generic basis of Racism and how they affect our society.

To me this is bottom line a must see movie for anyone that can go in with an open mind. Initially it was kind of offensive to me, by the end it was a reflection of the foundation on how I view our society as a whole.

Probably one of the Top 5 movies I have ever seen, in large part because of what I took away from the meaning when I left the theatre. I have likely seen almost every Eastwood movie over the course of time, and I would likely rate this as his best role as an actor for the ongoing impact.

edit 1 - to me, this movie really made me reflect on the career of Clint Eastwood, as someone who grew up and spent their life watching his movies.

Watched Righteous Kill & Eagle Eye the other night. Righteous was decent but it could have been so much better. Hated Eagle Eye, thought it was boring & predictable. Very tiring with the same crap over & over, "jump jerry", "turn now jerry",etc. Waste of a good 2 hrs is all it amounted to.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520