• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Weakness

What is your game's weakness?

• Total voters

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Reaction score
What is the biggest weakness in your game? In your own opinion.

And this isnt a "consistency" question, its a part of your game that you feel is hurting you the most.

As you'll see by my other recent thread, mine is EASILY my bunker play, followed closely by my tee shots. I hit a few bunkers in a round and i start crumbling like.... an avalanche.

Anything longer than a 5 irons. Anything shorter, I have some level of confidence in. A lot of my second shots on longer holes are 6 irons.

I voted "Tee Shots" although if I ever get to use my new r7 that may change. I haven't had a driver I liked in 10 years, but I haven't really looked that hard either until this winter....

If the r7 works out, then I can't really pinpoint any one facet of my game.... any part of it can fail without notice (except maybe my putting), and I just have to work around it.

where's the "all of the above" option? :)

Irons and Trouble. Can't hit my irons worth a darn right now and too often try to pull off too many heroics when I'm in trouble.

Missing greens to the right. I have an alignment problem.

Putting. Where the game is won or lost.

Why can I only select one option?! :)

My real problem is consistantly putting two good shots together. It seems that the hardest lie to hit from is the middle of the fairway! :(

Long irons have been killing me. Got two new hybrids for next year. Hope that saves me a couple strokes.. :)

I tend to not fear short par 4's and almost always for for any par 5 in two (i love them eagles). I selected aggressive play.

I put Fairway woods, although it is not a matter of not being able to get the ball off the ground, it is more a matter of consistency and distance control. It is also not limited to my FW's as I carry 3 hybrids. It is my 3w, which is a pull machine and is out of my bag, anytime I come over the top that much with a club there is a problem, and I blame the steel shaft. My 16* Halo also lacks distance control and consistency. Sometimes I will hit it 220 yards, other times it will be shorter than it's 19* brother. Still not so bad that I want to go back to my 5w, but it could happen over the course of the year.

edit 1 - 4 years ago this was likely the strongest part of my game next to putting. May have to hunt down some Original Tight Lies with stiff shafts, since that is what I used until the regular flex got too wild, and you can find them now for around $29. Why reshaft a club that is cheaper to buy new :)

Long irons, easily. I don't dislike hitting them, but they are my weakness.

And putting. My game lives and dies by the flatstick.

R35

My wedge play, or to be specific, my chipping. To be honest, I'm decent to good at everything up there but it's the chipping and pitching that costs me most strokes. This year, I'm planning on getting this short game dealey down like James Brown to go down 3 or 4 shots

Long Irons. I can hit my 5 most of the time, my 4 is questionable, don't even carry a 3.

Long Irons. I can hit my 5 most of the time, my 4 is questionable, don't even carry a 3.

I could have answered the poll that way, but I replaced all my long irons with hybrids, so it's now a non issue. :)

Without doubt,

Driver off the tee,far too erratic and that gets me into trouble for my second .
Luckily,I don't struggle for distance off the tee and so at my home course I can use my 3 wood and irons off a quite alot.But it doesn't solve my driving problems.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

FedEx Ranking