• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Weakness

What is your game's weakness?

• Total voters
Fairway woods, without a doubt for me.

I'm seriously considering starting this season with the driver and then straight into the hybrids for what use carrying that 4w does me. When I can hit it, it goes great, but that happens about once in every 5 rounds...

Putting is my evil. I miss so many makeables between 8 - 22 ft. that if I could just make two more of these a round, I would feel more satisfied.
Grrrrrrrr.

My chipping sucks. 70-100 yards out I'm fine, inside that and I start having trouble. From 10-20 yards out I want to putt. I used to be good at it, and when I practice I can lay a blanket on the balls on the practice area, but as soon as I get on the course my chipping stroke looks like Charles Barkley's half the time - maybe not even that good. This is my main focus for 2007 - improving my chipping on-course.

the course was setup impossibly hard, two of the pin locations were actually illegal,

Actually there is no such thing as an "illegal" pin. There are recommendations for the sake of fairness, but those are only guidelines, not rules. You could say that the pins were unfair, but they weren't illegal.

However, you are permitted to shoot the dope who set them up that way... That is illegal, but it's considered justifiable homicide...:hunter:

Actually there is no such thing as an "illegal" pin. There are recommendations for the sake of fairness, but those are only guidelines, not rules. You could say that the pins were unfair, but they weren't illegal.

However, you are permitted to shoot the dope who set them up that way... That is illegal, but it's considered justifiable homicide...:hunter:

Really? Well the dude went over there and checked it afterwards, and said the word "illegal", i assumed those guidelines were actually "rules" for setting pins and such for tourneys, but i guess same coulda been said for that hole at the US Open a few years ago, that par three (cant remember course/hole...). Where they actually had to be out there watering it during the round to make it semi fair:D

However, you are permitted to shoot the dope who set them up that way... That is illegal, but it's considered justifiable homicide...

I do have a good lawyer:)

I think that was the..17th at whistling straights?

# 7 at Shinnecock..... made a huge controversy as they were watering during the round, which it changed the playing condition of the course for the later players.... That is something that is a major violation of the USGA's own rules and guidelines. It's ok if Mother Nature does it, but the tournament committee isn't allowed to do so.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54