• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Well it's about time

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Reaction score
Saw this in the paper this morning and then again on the net. Not that I care that much about Tiger but I found it interesting because I experienced something similar this year.

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/core.aspx?page=15100&select=15058

04 was my own year of the swing change and at some point I felt some degree of "oh, I see". It's not that I suddenly stopped hitting bad shots, but I have been more able to understand the bad ones and feel why the good ones are good.

Is that how it works for you guys? :miz:

BS he will stand up on the 1st tee at sherwood and hit 1 60 yrds off target he will have a great 05 but he has said he has said in every interview after every round im nearly there maybe he is but I don't believe it untill I see it.

That's not BS at all. He did it in the past, he can still do it again. That's what I call knowing how to be in the zone. Difficult to attain, but the better one knows one's swing, the more good shots one can do.

Epiphanies never happen to me...

I am always slogging through life - learning like a turtle.

My last swing change took six months to put in.

I am going through a swing change at the minute I have been working on my ggrip and less body movement for a while now it will hopefully only take me a couple of months.

Tiger will win this week I have changed my mind the swing changes might actually be true with a player of that class he wouldn't lie he would make a fool of himself.

I wolud also justy like to quote on a comment classic just made on GR something about not beieng the master because he doesn't shoot in the 80's. I would liek to just tell him at least I had the balls to make a 2 hour journey to play a person ive never met on a course that is difficult I had never player shot +12 in terrible conditions without a warm up so screw you I would kick your hacking ass any day you consider your self a good player I will play you on a real golf course in real conditions and kick your ass.

The master said:
I am going through a swing change at the minute I have been working on my ggrip and less body movement for a while now it will hopefully only take me a couple of months.

Tiger will win this week I have changed my mind the swing changes might actually be true with a player of that class he wouldn't lie he would make a fool of himself.

I wolud also justy like to quote on a comment classic just made on GR something about not beieng the master because he doesn't shoot in the 80's. I would liek to just tell him at least I had the balls to make a 2 hour journey to play a person ive never met on a course that is difficult I had never player shot +12 in terrible conditions without a warm up so screw you I would kick your hacking ass any day you consider your self a good player I will play you on a real golf course in real conditions and kick your ass.

These comments are identical to the ones you made before you played IG....

Is there an echo in here?

There's 1 difference IG is a good player classic is your typical 9 handicapper or something like that who couldn't hit it out of his own street. I don't think he should be insulting someone who has played the game for 2 and 1/2 years shot a 69 broke 80 within 7 months of playing the game he has never saw me play I hate people who don't know that critizie.

Bravo said:
Epiphanies never happen to me...

I am always slogging through life - learning like a turtle.

My last swing change took six months to put in.

Six months seems reasonable when you look at the time Tiger has been working on his.

That's what I meant when I mentioned my own moment. I had been working on a change most of the year and then I finally felt what I think it was suppose to feel like, (did that make sense). I still expect months of practice before it's permanent.

If anyone gets the turtle award I think it should be me. I'll be 51 in February and maybe I'm beginning to understand the golf swing. Oh yeah, I'm the turtle. :miz:

DaveE said:
Six months seems reasonable when you look at the time Tiger has been working on his.

That's what I meant when I mentioned my own moment. I had been working on a change most of the year and then I finally felt what I think it was suppose to feel like, (did that make sense). I still expect months of practice before it's permanent.

If anyone gets the turtle award I think it should be me. I'll be 51 in February and maybe I'm beginning to understand the golf swing. Oh yeah, I'm the turtle. :miz:

Hey we're the same age...I am 50 in January.

We grew up in a crazy time.

I made a grip change when I was 17. My game never really came around til I was about 20. I didn't see it at the time, but it sure has made me a more sound player - most of the time.

Swing changes are hard to adapt to. As much of a Tiger fan I am not, but that's not to say that he's not a good golfer. He's just human.

And his wife is hot.

R35

Well, looks like the feline is back....
:p

Yep, give up on the driver and you win.

Please see all of my posts on GR about Eldricks decline and you'll see this as a reoccurring theme.

Drop the big dog, he'll win.

I now rest my case. Back to back with hardly any big stick drives.

R35

I was doing a picture in picture with football on Sunday but what from what I saw Tiger seemed to have his confidence back, and as we all know that's 90% of it.

Leaving the driver in bag is not a bad idea either. Impressive to me that last week he annouces, I get it, and then he goes out and wins. I'll bet he wishes the season was starting this week.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520