• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What's this?

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This weird looking fellow was spotted on Saturday, he was hanging about menacingly, never seen anything like it before. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Weird insect.JPG
    Weird insect.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 76
Its a mantis. Just another chick hangin around until some guy comes along and she bites his head off.

This is serious guys!! I MAY BE IN THE RUNNING FOR A $50 BOOK TOKEN FROM NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC!

This weird looking fellow was spotted on Saturday, he was hanging about menacingly, never seen anything like it before. Any ideas?

Looks like some obnoxious thing that will emit a foul odour if you try & touch it. Often those sorts of bugs are parasitic / suckering types that stick a protrusion into the tree. Much better to squash it under your shoe.

Im serious. I have them (or their close cousin) on my house about this time of year. The first time I saw one I almost came off the ladder. They like the edge of the gutter. Like baby gargoyles.

Are you sure thats not bugsex? Could be two there.

Last edited:
Looks like some obnoxious thing that will emit a foul odour if you try & touch it. Often those sorts of bugs are parasitic / suckering types that stick a protrusion into the tree. Much better to squash it under your shoe.

Sounds like an ex girlfriend I had.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424