• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Who is your favorite "B" player?

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking about this alot the last few days....in my mind a "B" player is an underdog, a guy who always seems to be around but never gets in the limelight.

Ever since I saw him snap his putter in 2 and jokingly toss it into the crowd after putting out on 18 at the Greater Hartford Open (now Buick Championship) He has been my favorit "B" player.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...
132037.jpg

Tim "Lumpy" Herron

Runner up...

Duffy Waldorf

Honorable mention...

Joey Sindelar

Drum roll please I prouldly present

Tom lehman

A close runner up..

Bernhard Langer believe it not last to weeks he has been right up there.

Langer has 2 Masters championships under his belt! He ain't no "B" player! :D

Slingblade61 said:
Langer has 2 Masters championships under his belt! He ain't no "B" player! :D

He is now he is old he hasn't got it anymore but is playing good. He is considered a B player now on PGA.

And you shouldn't be looking under his belt well at least don't tell us. :p

You seem to conteract everything I say. ;). Only joknig s baby.

FREDDIE FUNK!!!!!HE IS DA MAN!!!!!If i could play one round of golf with one PGA player, it would probably be FUNKY, just because everybody else on tour takes the game too seriously. I hope he wins a major soon.

John Daly, the man has had a tough life but you just have to love the guy, once of my favorite golf moments was hit bunker shot on 18 last year at Torry Pines, he's more of the people player, a working class hero, prolly me second favorite golfer

I LIKE LUMPY

I like Lumpy too Slingblade, he is my kind of man. Smokes and is a wee bit over weight! He just seems to cruise along on the course, easy going and fun loving guy.

As for Langer, if he is now a B Player then who do you call a C Player? Langer can play with the best of them on any given day when you consider his age and how long he has been playing pro golf. He started playing pro golf when he was 18. Long time be around and still be competitive on the PGA. He could speed up his play a little! But 2 Masters and 63 World Wide Wins. Elected to the World Golf Hall of Fame through the 2000 International Ballot. 9 time Ryder Cup player and last years Captain that piloted the Euros to a record win over U.S.A. If that's a has been then I want to be one!

Freddy Funk is cool too. I saw him at the 2003 Bell Canadian Open and what impressed me most was the fact he let his caddy carry a TaylorMade stand bag on the hilly course in Ancaster. Now that is class.

Watched some Senior Skins game today.

Tom Watson has more major wins than Arnie. Did I just say that?

Serious. I would have never guessed that in a million years. Arnie has 5 and Tom has 8.

Jack has 18......and 75 career wins.

None of which classify them as "B" players.

I nominate Loren Roberts. Where the hell is that guy these days?

R35

Loren's ready to join the Champions Tour in...what...June I think?

My favorite B is Steve Lowery. He lives here and is a Crimson Tider....

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520