• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wife said "No More Hammy" and I'm sad....

indacup

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Three years ago, my wife was crowned the worlds worst putter by golf organizations world wide....or maybe just by me.

She could line up a putt tree feet from the cup...and STILL four putt.

We tried everything...from training aids, to lessons, to center shafted, heel shafted...mallett...blades...etc All to no avail.

Finally, I made her a Hammy style putter (see below):

awww.scigolf.com_scigolf_hammyputter_images_gulbis.jpg

And the difference was night and day.....she almost immediately started draining putts 10 feet and more...her accuracy was uncanny.

Also, prior to this, her chipping game was suspect as well...I think looking back, when she got near the green, she was already dreading the putt...and it caused her to lose concentration around the greens.

Bbecause as soon as the putter change was made, her short game improved dramatically.

I would feel comfortable saying that she is the best female putter in our clubhouse...and top 10 in short game.

Friday night, after indoor golf league she tells me she is dumping the Hammy and wants me to make her a Pink Belly Putter. :faintthud

Being married to her long wnough, I can differentiate her voice that says "Even though I made this announcement, it IS subject to change" from the "This is my decision, there will be no backing down".

Her statement was the latter.

I hate seeing her switch...but she had me destroy the Hammy to remove any temptation and force her to practice the Belly...which is now curing in the hot box.

Details of this change forthcoming.....

,..but she had me destroy the Hammy to remove any temptation and force her to practice the Belly.
Too bad you destroyed it. JArmour was looking for one.

Is that your wife in the picture? :laugh:

You mean you couldn't secretly rebuild the Hammy for later use? Belly putter?

I'd just put a pink grip on the Hammy... :D

Dude, your wife is HOT!!!!

Wait a minute, what? Your wife asked you to give her a pink belly?

When i glanced at this thread i thought it said 'No more hummers' now that would defintly be a reason to be sad!

Had no idea you were married to natalie.

If I was married to Natalie do you think I'd be spending so much time with you Bozo's???? :killersmiley:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520