• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

worst cities

Headed to #1 on the list tomorrow morning, I ain't scared.

All the top 10 from 3 states... Michigan, Illinois, and California. As I clicked on each one, a new ad popped up for local businesses in our area. The ad popping up as I clicked on Detroit was for a funeral home. Detroit's 'claim to fame' is an extraordinary high crime rate. Coincidental??

I'm about halfway between Milwaukee and Chicago. And it is miserable. I can't wait to get the phuck out someday.

I'm about halfway between Milwaukee and Chicago. And it is miserable. I can't wait to get the phuck out someday.
Some time ago, I used to go to Pewaukee two or three times/year. At that time, it was cheaper to fly into Chicago and rent a car to drive north than to fly into Milwaukee. There was a course, just off the interstate, some distance north of Chicago... Pine something. Played it a couple of times. IIRC, really nice layout. Also played a couple of the courses at Lake Geneva, when visiting a manufacturer near Delavan. I always thought that area was pretty nice. Of course, that was back in the mid-90's.

Some time ago, I used to go to Pewaukee two or three times/year. At that time, it was cheaper to fly into Chicago and rent a car to drive north than to fly into Milwaukee. There was a course, just off the interstate, some distance north of Chicago... Pine something. Played it a couple of times. IIRC, really nice layout. Also played a couple of the courses at Lake Geneva, when visiting a manufacturer near Delavan. I always thought that area was pretty nice. Of course, that was back in the mid-90's.
You might be talking about Ives Grove. Was it really open, has three 9's, and a ton of bunkers? One of the holes has a big red barn right by the green? That's my home course... play there all the time. I live 20 min. due east of that course... Hwy 20 ring a bell?

I am working in Pewaukee right now doing footings and frost walls for a new healthcare center. Today was my 10'th day in a row with almost every day having an hour or two of OT. I'm beat... and did I mention I hate concrete form work. From O'hare to Pewaukee is a hike with some pain in the ass traffic... i'd pay the money to fly into Milwaukee.

Pine Meadow Golf Club - Mundelein, IL

This is the one I played a couple of times. I knew it had something to do with a seminary, and had a long history. Appears it opened to the public, after spending millions of dollars, in the mid-80's. That's when I would have been traveling to Pewaukee.

R
Racine is a pit as is K-town, so glad to be outta there. You want bad cities, East St Louis, Gary IN, Cincinnati, as well as many others. From outward appearances Detroit is easily the worst I have been to, the downtown area is nice and that's where we are going but radiate out from there in any direction and the amount of empty/neglected/ burned out/destroyed buildings is actually hard to comprehend.

This is the one I played a couple of times. I knew it had something to do with a seminary, and had a long history. Appears it opened to the public, after spending millions of dollars, in the mid-80's. That's when I would have been traveling to Pewaukee.

Mundelein is a decent enough area, worked there for 15 yrs. Hell you wouldn't recognize the area today as the population has exploded.

I can imagine. Back in the 80's, it was "rural". I could get out of Chicago traffic before worrying about finding the course.

ok. i know the political directive. But I hate the treasury department calls the expense of reinvesting in those building an increase in asset. Thats a lie and they know it. I want to run for office and burn that bullshit off the continent because it not only causes slums but it appears its better to build a new city than spend in yours and be taxed as an improved asset. Blindingly Stupid THEFT.

Mundelein is barely out of Chicago. I thought maybe you meant a bit more North than that. Where I live and where my course is would be 30-40 min north of that on I-94 en route to Pewaukee from O'hare. And the course I play is about a block west of the interstate.

R

Racine is a pit as is K-town, so glad to be outta there.
Yeah. I think they are actually getting a little better, but in the grand scheme of places to be it is a pit. I went to Madison this past summer and it was like a different world. People just being active, no chip on the shoulder, etc.... I seriously feel like I am being held back financially here, and as proof... I can't afford to get out.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520