• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

X-Con in FT-I Tour LCG

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As the title says, I'm looking at a sixth driver, the Cally FT-I Tour LCG with a Matrix X-Con 6 Stiff shaft. Main question is whether the X-Con in this thing is a real deal or a watered down 'made for' version like with the new Titleists?

Then, if anyone has any experience with this beast would you please share your feelings on the club...

Forgiving? I have read that this is more a distance driver than accuracy. If this is the case I may need to think a little harder about this driver.

Thanks guys
LH

The real deal. Very solid offering, if you can swing it.

I've hit this thing many times, and have two friends that play it and CRUSH the ball with this combo. It's not gonna be down the pipe with every swing, i mean you can make it go left and right no matter what. But, it's a very consistent shaft. IMO, the best stock offering from Callaway to date - including the Fubuki.

R35

I played this driver most of last summer in 9.5* loft. I believe its the real deal shaft, at least thats what i was told by callaway. Very solid setup and hits the ball straight. It felt a little light and a little spinny. Wish I would of had it in a 70wt shaft and 8.5* loft and it would be in the bag still.

Interesting responses.

Great news that the shaft is the real deal at least. If the head is no straighter or longer at least I can pull the shaft and sell the head for close to what I'll pay for the combo anyway. May be a go ahead.

I mean, there's no way in hell that I'm gonna consistently hit more than 8 or 9 fairways a round as it stands anyway (my best round for the last 5 years was 11 with the Burner TP / Creation Combo which is the most solid driver setup I've ever had in my life).

But if it's half decent I may as well be 10 yards further in the trees and take my 7 fairways a round.

Thanks guys. Watch this space....

(Additional comments still welcome) :)

i demoed a 9.5 neutral verson with that shaft. it was nice but i think it would have been better in a X flex.

Thats my gamer right now, i might be looking for a 8.5 head, but I can still kill it and still slice it. very solid shaft.

I do have the option of an x-flex. Could be a possibility...

If you're comfortable with the 65S in the Creation, the stiff flex is the one you need.

R35

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427