• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Xcon 6 - School me

Just wait until you see the new driver that Cally and TM is releasing. If you puked looking at the FT-i, this will make you dry heave for days.

Think boomerang on a stick.:thumbs up:

R35

what about that whole "plain in shape" rule the USGA has?

Apparently, this conforms. Think of an FT-5, but with no carbon. Theoretically, the carbon is there to make up the shape of the head and nothing else. This club defies everything that is holy. :D

I'll see if I can't find the patent pic.

R35

Here's the pics and the link to the patent. I also see that they have a MWT head as well that looks super complicated and ridiculous. :laugh:

http://www.patentmarvel.com/patent.pdf?patent=20080139336

R35
callawayC1.jpg
callawayC2.jpg
callawayC3.jpg

I just don't see how that could be conforming when the USGA ruled the Renegade as "not plain in shape"

Here's the pics and the link to the patent. I also see that they have a MWT head as well that looks super complicated and ridiculous. :laugh:

http://www.patentmarvel.com/patent.pdf?patent=20080139336

R35

Preferably, this driver doesn't make its way to a pro-shop anywhere near me. More preferably, I hope I never see one of these things. Even more preferably, I don't become entranced and ho one.

(PS, going over a patent would be junky job. look at all the technicalities they have to go through.)

Maybe the Cally is finding out they can't sell a new driver for that much money. I'm sure TM is finding that out also.... :)

They have. The tour BurnerTP and the SuperquadTP were a few hundred less than the QuadTP and R5TP went for. Of course, IMO the Quad and R5 were better clubs with better shafts.

That same FTi LCG has a tag of $529 in the shop.

I think instead of offering the same quality product at a much reduced price, we will start seeing the same quality driver heads on a much cheaper shaft. Many people have the money and buy "because its TM" and don't really question the shafts (I know, I play with a few)

Cheaper shaft=ability to offer at a lower price
= more spent on aftermarket shafts.

I think instead of offering the same quality product at a much reduced price, we will start seeing the same quality driver heads on a much cheaper shaft. Many people have the money and buy "because its TM" and don't really question the shafts (I know, I play with a few)

Nike offers the VS Proto and DVS at no upcharge over that stinkafied yellow Fuji.

Which one are you gonna grab?

Shafts costs these guys nothing.

R35

FWIW the ReaX in the non TP Taylormades was actually a pretty good shaft. The ReaX in the TP's was a Rombax shaft. Very good shaft. I preferred when they used the BB and Speeder though. I like that they've gotten back to that with the tour BurnerTP with the Whiteboard and Ozik. Still, the MSRP on the tour BurnerTP is less than the R5TP and QuadTP were new. I'm not a TM bandwagon guy for any reason other than I've tried a ton and keep coming back. Their heads just work well for me. I'd be gaming an FTi still if that QuadTP hadn't been like a sign from above on the used rack for $70... then demolished every driver I put it against, not better, flat out annihilited everything so far.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Who has been here?