• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Yes "C" Grooves

Hangfire

Reaction score
What do you think about the hype behind "C" grooves? Is there anything behind them or is this another marketing ploy to increase sales? If it does work are there any advantages to making the ball roll a few inches sooner than a regular flat stick?

callie-beauty.jpg

We play 3 Callie's in our house (mine, wife's, son's) and we're all very happy with them. However, I bought mine because one of my daugther's name is Callie and I had to have it. The other 2 were bought once they tried mine.

Go demo them...they're good putters.

Well the grooves would be like the TM AGSI+ putters wouldn't they be? I watched the video on how that insert helps every putter putt better. I'm thinking about picking up a Yes! Hanna putter, the looks are great.

I was thinking of getting a SC Newport 2 but the Yes Callie looks pretty good and the "C" grooves sound like they might help.

They're very nice putters. That being said I find it hard to believe the grooves actually do anything that any other milled face wouldn't.

Well the grooves would be like the TM AGSI+ putters wouldn't they be? I watched the video on how that insert helps every putter putt better. I'm thinking about picking up a Yes! Hanna putter, the looks are great.

I just played my first round with my TM Agsi+ and it felt really nice, very soft compare to my other Agsi putter and I really could not tell the differance from a Scotty.

Its just another marketing thing.

I have a Yes! Carolyne that I like, but it just does not beat the feel of my Red X2 even with the UST Freq. Filtered Shaft. I believe the grooves do help getting the ball rolling sooner, but I have found the Yes! grooves to be middle of the pack. The best grooved putter that I have found for getting the ball rolling are the Guerin Rife putters. The Yes! I would rank behind the Rifes but ahead of the TM AGSI+. I have not putted well with any of the TM AGSI technology putters that I have tried.

Well Actually

I find the Yes putters to be exceptionally effective. Swash started the company as "C-Grooves' putters a long time ago. The darned "C-Grooves" proved so effective that a lot of well-monied boys stepped in and re-financed the whole deal, re-named it "Yes" and away it went. If you ever watch the Euro Tour you'll see a lot more of them because Swash was considered "England's Putting Guru" and was actually a sort of English Dave Pelz. I know for a fact that the "C-Grooves" work, and many of the Euro's who keep kicking our collective @$$ in The Ryder Cup are pretty sure that they work as well.

The Yes! putters have developed a cult following... even on tour! They work. Recently, I went on a mission to find "THE" putter. Yes! was on the top of the list and, had I not fallen head over heels for the putter I did purchase, a Yes! would probably have made its way into the bag. Reading, literally, hundreds of reviews of users, there are a couple of things to keep in mind.
There are a couple models of Yes! putters forged from carbon steel billets. These have the softest feel... but are the most expensive. The large percent of the remainder of the Yes! line is 303 Stainless, the same material utilized in many Camerons and the new Ping Redwood putters. Most of the Yes! high MOI putters are a titanium/aluminum alloy and those seem to lose some feel. Try putting with the specific model you have in mind, not assuming all will feel/react the same just because the manufacturer is Yes!.
The only negative I could find from any reviewers had to do with putting on extremely shaggy greens or putting from the fringe. The lower lofts of the Yes! line, needed to get full benefit of the C-groove technology, do not "lift" the ball to get it on top of "fluff". The general prognosis has been that if you play most of your golf on fairly large greens and play courses that see relatively quick greens, the Yes! putters are great. If you play courses with postage stamp greens and like to putt from off the green or play courses where the greens can be left slow and shaggy, there may be some better choices in putters available.
Yes! is right up there with any premium line OEM putter manufacturer in acceptance both on tour and in the bags of weekend players. As with any putter, beauty is in the eyes of the 'holder'! You... and only you... must have the utmost confidence in the putter in your bag. Find some green grass shops in your area that will allow you to demo some Yes! models on their putting clock. If it looks good... if it feels good... if it puts the ball in the hole... That is the stick for your bag!

. If it looks good... if it feels good... if it puts the ball in the hole... That is the stick for your bag!

Thats bs, Everytime that I have bought a putter I was making them on the practice greens, and felt awesome. 3 months later they feel great but 3 putting feels like crap :( hahahaha

Thats bs, Everytime that I have bought a putter I was making them on the practice greens, and felt awesome. 3 months later they feel great but 3 putting feels like crap :( hahahaha

So what's the common denominator here...the putter, or the person using the putter? ;)

Take a putting lesson. It'll make a world of difference that a new putter never will.

So what's the common denominator here...the putter, or the person using the putter? ;)

Take a putting lesson. It'll make a world of difference that a new putter never will.

A putting lesson.. never heard of them. Ever.. they dont really exist. It seems as though you " got it " or " Ya dont " of course just practicing yourself can help but.. yeah I dont know.

I took some over 25 years ago...still remember what I was taught.

Ask your coach or pro, they'll know.

Why in the heck do you think I was searching long and hard for the "perfect putter" this winter with, probably, 15 or so in the basement????:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thanks limpalong for the great input. I'll go to my local PS Fiddler's Green down in Eugene and play what they have. Probably the only way to really know. I like the SS but the forged bronze one looks interesting too.

:usflag:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427