• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

you SkyCaddie guys...

Nope, it's going to still be giving you yardage to the hole you're supposed to be playing. One advantage of a GPS over a range finder, range finder is line of sight(won't shoot through trees).

Well at some point you have to push some buttons to let the thing know what hole you are playing, right? I don't mind pushing buttons... I was just watching the Golflogix infomercial w/McCord last night and thought that if you never push any buttons it must just locate what hole you're standing on. Which one are you speaking of Eddie?

I have a question... all the gps's that automatically track where you are without pushing buttons... what do they do when you hit a ball into a paralell fairway? Do you have to tell it you are still playing hole #6 rather than #9 because you are in 9's fairway?

nututhugame

As stated before it still gives you the yardage to the hole you're playing. My cheapo igolf Neo has to be manually advanced to the next hole. Some others automatically advance and those might be a problem. :)

SkyCaddie does employ an "army". all the courses are walked off by foot. it is the most accurate method to do this. i've had golf courses added that were'nt mapped in my area. i had to get the golf course manager's contact info and permission, which i then sent to SkyCaddie. once thats done, SkyCaddie can send a couple guys there to walk it off.

also, if you hit into another fairway, SkyCaddie will not get confused. it's designed to automatically go to the next hole after it gets within a certain proximity to the green you are going for.

Well at some point you have to push some buttons to let the thing know what hole you are playing, right? I don't mind pushing buttons... I was just watching the Golflogix infomercial w/McCord last night and thought that if you never push any buttons it must just locate what hole you're standing on. Which one are you speaking of Eddie?

I have a golf guru. On the first hole you select the course and the box you're playing from (here Red, white, blue or black),. the guru just figures you're starting on hole 1, but if you were starting different (say hole 10) then you'd enter that and it does the yardage figuring after that. The only buttons I have to push after that are to see different views, like say I just want to see a big outline of the green with front, middle and back listed instead of distance to or distance to clear hazards. Only other time I'm pushing buttons with it is score and stats. The guru keeps track of score, putts, GIR and Fairways Hit for one person, at any time you can push the stats button and it'll give you your stats in numbers and then percentages like say GIR: 5/10 50% is what it would look like. On the guru you can set it up to either to advance automatically once you''rer on the green or only advance after you push buttons ie: entering score. Not sure how eveyone else feels, but I forgot mine at the house yesterday and really missed the darn thing, once you get use to having it it's tuff to go back to walking yardages off and guessing how far hazards are.

SkyCaddie does employ an "army". all the courses are walked off by foot. it is the most accurate method to do this. i've had golf courses added that were'nt mapped in my area. i had to get the golf course manager's contact info and permission, which i then sent to SkyCaddie. once thats done, SkyCaddie can send a couple guys there to walk it off.

I have heard that they don't actually do this for every course as it would be fiscally & physically impossible.

also, if you hit into another fairway, SkyCaddie will not get confused. it's designed to automatically go to the next hole after it gets within a certain proximity to the green you are going for.

This what Golflogix does as well.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423