• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2007 MPF Iron Ratings

golffan71

Reaction score
I recently stumbled upon this on a site that I frequent, and I found it very interesting!!

This site lays out the specs of the different irons out there, and how playable they are. As a beginning golfer, I used this to help me select my most recent iron set (Clevelend HiBores)

I'm pretty sure you normally have to pay to see this information, but you can download the 2007 Iron Rankings for free at this site!!

This site isn't letting me put the URL in my post, but just google search Ralph Maltby, and you'll find the downloadable pdf on his page under the "Latest" tab.

Enjoy!

a few of those final ratings are very questionable imo.

no way the adams idea pro forged's are game improvement...or the hogan apex blades.

Yeah, I play the Adams Idea Pro's. Deffinatly not game improvement, realitivly easy to hit, but the same profile as my 2005 Rac TPs.

There are a lot of clubs that fall into categories that you wouldn't think they fit, but I have been to Golf Works and seen how Ralph calculates these numbers, it is amazing how he takes measurements to find the vertical and horizontal centers of gravity. The categories that he uses don't completely describe the clubs though, some blade style clubs are easier to hit than others, the Idea Pro irons have the slight cavity and a good portion of the club is in the lower half of the club head, thus making it somewhat easier to hit than the Titleist 695 MB's. It is really a credit to the designer for Adams that came up with that club, he was able to make a club that suits the eye of the better player while still being easier to hit than typical blades.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520