• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2018 Ryder Cup thread

I like Europe to win 5/8 maybe even 6/8 matches today. Think they are going to build on their lead in a big way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Europe certainly came out strong. One of the announcers called it a "shellacing". It's not over. The momentum can turn on a single shot.

They must not be working with a delay in the broadcast. Certainly caught the MF after Reed's errant drive.

C'mon, U.S.!!! I at least wanted this Ryder Cup to be a competition. So far, it's not even close.

This crowd is fantastic. They are loud. They are full of energy. Still, for the most part, they are quite well behaved as players are getting ready to make a shot. We're hearing applause for ALL good shots, no matter the team.

I don’t have a good feeling about the US afternoon pairings, especially Woods and De Chambeau. No surprise to see Reed and Mickelson not playing in the afternoon.

View attachment 30746

Last edited:
I don’t have a good feeling about the US afternoon pairings, especially Woods and De Chambeau. No surprise to see Reed and Mickelson not playing in the afternoon.
Agree. The PM could be another clean sweep for Europe. The one pairing that may win is Spieth & Thomas. See them taking 3 of 4.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Wouldn't hurt my feelings to see Reed not play another match! His angry outburst after the errant tee shot was not the example the youth who play this game needed to see. Show some respect for the Game. If you want to act like a street punk, go play beer can hockey in the middle of traffic.

8:4 going into the afternoon matches. Let's say they split this afternoon. 10:6 would leave the Euros needing 4 1/2 points or the U.S. team needing 8 points tomorrow. The U.S. really needs to sweep this afternoon... or lose only one match to give us a chance tomorrow.

I agree, anything but a sweep and the task is tall. Very tall.
8:4 going into the afternoon matches. Let's say they split this afternoon. 10:6 would leave the Euros needing 4 1/2 points or the U.S. team needing 8 points tomorrow. The U.S. really needs to sweep this afternoon... or lose only one match to give us a chance tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

U.S cannot stay out of the rough, Furyk's pairings continue to be head-shaking, Phil never should have been a pick, Bubba almost looks like he doesn't care to be there.....shall I go on? This is ALL Europe, the Ryder Cup⁠ ⁠is all but over.

Fat lady is warming up.

4b53b49c14575cd4a5b2498be0b47e17.png

I don't know if the U.S. Team is actually playing better in the afternoon matches or the Euros are tanking. Probably a combination of both.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520