• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

7....lucky #7...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
7th hole last night, 215 into a bit of a breeze. No problem, just drop the 7 wood.

Tee it up low.....practice swing....good, good.....now TOP that mofo! Well done!

Ok, you're about 175 out. Just hit a 7 iron up there, 2 putt and walk away with bogey. Good lie, you should be able to spin this....good swing....now airmail the green! Right on!

Ok, perfect, it's in the bushes. Take the unplayable.

Chip up the back of the green onto a downhill slope to the hole. Easy....geeze, the grass is kinda heavy here....perfect, 2 feet closer.

Same club now. (I love it when that happens!) Hey, big boy, you got it all the way to the fringe this time! Good job!

No problem now, just a 25 footer downhill left to right breaker about 18 inches. Well, you didn't leave it short. Nice comebacker at 12 feet.

12 footer for a 7. Dead center. Of course.

Who takes a 7 on a par 3? Cripes.

Shot 78 with a quad. Reeediculous.

R35

2 over coming home today to a reachable par 5.

Gotta make eagle, wanna shoot even par, gotta make eagle...

Nice bogey.

You had my symapthies until you said you shot 78. :rolleyes:

Rockford35 said:

Who takes a 7 on a par 3? Cripes.

Shot 78 with a quad. Reeediculous.

R35

ME :) :)

I went a round last week - shot a 7 AND a 8 on 2 par 3 !!!!!!!!!!! gave me a 77 round at the end -- two total black outs unbelievable

but theres is worse actually.

I played the day before yesterday. startet with birdie birdie, then on the third hole a 4 meter birdie but --- WHICH I 3 PUTTED

ok no worries, next hole is a short par 5
with the second shot 10 meters from the green - well you might think there is no way you will mess this up-- well I CAN. AGAIN A BOGEY

So what do i learn from this.

Nothing, sadly

Im sorry for your bad hole.. but that was the greatest bad-hole story I have ever read...
:biglol:

That was very funny. Thanks for the good morning laugh.
But, just as Bama said.. I dont have much sympathy since you still shot 2 strokes better than my best round.. :mad:

Our number 7 is also a par 3 but a short one....145 from the IV tees and 160 from the tips...

When I make bogie or worse here it just ruins me mentally. The hole is so easy.

Sorry to hear about your gag but I can certainly relate.

Nicklaus himself said, "The man who has never been humiliated on the golf course is the man who has never played the game".

Don't feel too bad Rock, its what separates Phail Mickelson and the rest of us from the pros.

Ok, maybe not Phail, but at least the rest of us!

• Staff
This was my score from the tips. Way back there. Normally, that hole at the whites is about 175. I hadn't played back in a while, so we decided to do it.

Not that that is an excuse. I woulda probably taken a 9 if I was closer. :D

R35

Was playing off the tips, big tourney, 1st hole. OK now, play it safe it's a short par 4. Hit rescue up in the fairway and it's only a wedge in.... Holy smokes that went further left than it did forward! OB!!

Funny thing though, I recovered and was -1 thru 5, with an OB ball. pity I got in my own way and shot a 78 in the end

Glad to see I'm not the only one... although it's been a while since a par 3 quad.
icon10.gif
Next time just hit back to back gap wedges, lol.

try having a bogey, double bogey, and triple bogey on the same hole in the club championship and still coming in at 1 over par (had another bogey and another double as well as 6 birdies and an eagle in 36 holes)

I hate #4:mad:

Sounds like my inner coach, except he would have said - "You shot a 78! Best score of your life! Woohoo!"

That WAS a seriously funny description of a hole gone horribly wrong.

Which one of us is in the wrong fairway? :biglol:

Great story, though, Rock.

For the last 4 months, I have been playing from the blues at Goshen (6787) and shooting in the high 80s. Last weekend I was tired, it was hot, so I decided to take it easy on myself, and play from the whites (6103).

Shot a 95.

I guess the trees were just too close to the tee box.

#7 at my home course...

475 Par 4(From the tips). I'm quite content walking away with par.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520