• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A Club HO's Dream Come True

ezra76

Reaction score
Sorry to have to start a new one but this steal or deal of the century deserves it. So here's the story. Monday I decide to get rid of a bunch of my clubs. All my irons, 2 wedges, Sonartec hybrid and my Cameron Putter. Every damn one sells on Ebay (and a 60* MPT to Rock):) in less than 12 hrs. So here I am trying to find a set of MP30's or 60's if I can swing it with the $600 I have now. I see the classified Andy79 had up for some Miuras, so I say what the hell and do a search. I find a set that has like 4days and 20some odd hrs. left at $225 starting. I send the guy a message and realize he's in Boston. I tell him if his reserve isn't met I would definitely be interested in coming up and buying them cash. Someone bids $225 so I throw up $329 and it says reserve met. Then I get an email back from the guy with a phone number? I call him up and he says I can have them for $325 this evening if I meet him at the range South of Boston. So these things were listed as a 7.5 and I'm expecting some wear I couldn't see in the pics. The f'in things are mint!!! A solid 9 all day long!!!! The guys says (I shit you not) "I'm a real club ho, I buy new clubs all the time. I just got the 301's so I have to get rid of these." Holy Crap. It's like divine intervention or something. Here they are if you actually read this far...:)

m3.jpg

m2.jpg

m1.jpg
m3.jpg
m2.jpg
m1.jpg

ezra76 said:
Every damn one sells on Ebay (and a 60* MPT to Rock):) in less than 12 hrs....

Dude,

Shhh.....;)...I don't want anyone to know that I'm a closet club ho...

R35

Rockford35 said:
Dude,

R35

Yeah, and the whole cast of Queer Eye is straight!

How about a shot of the 5 iron at address, and the face of the wedge

VtDivot said:
How about a shot of the 5 iron at address, and the face of the wedge

Best I could do. Here's the 9 and PW. 5iron too. They are in immaculate shape. I don't know how much I like the Lamkin grips though. The guy had an old set of Ping I3's with him. He said he never uses his "gamers" at the range. He is a 4.1 handicap too he said. These poor irons are about to get hit in/on places they never have before. lol

9p1.jpg

5ad2.jpg
9p1.jpg
5ad2.jpg

Rockford35 said:
Dude,

R35

There isn't a closet big enough to hold Rock.:D

Great find ezra, those are beautiful.

And Rock, you been outed at Shottalk for a long, long time. :)

I hate you I hate you I hate you! Those are some serious looking sticks and I wish you the best with them

Just took them out for thier 1st round. I had to play the front 9 twice and skip the 7th due to green maintainence going on. So I got 16 in. They definitely are going to take some getting used to. The shafts seem awfully stiff... Nippon NS 1050 Pro. Anyone know about these? The distances and flight are beautiful when struck correctly. They stay straight as an arrow. The feel and feedback is incredible, like my nervous system is connected to the clubface. The 5iron flys like an 8 and the 9iron takes a nice midflight. The best shot I hit with them was an 8iron from just inside 150 out of deep rough (covering my shoes). It carried a bunker to a tight pin and stopped about 8feet from where it landed. I hit an 11ft. putt but it was 12ft. and made par.

Yeah, I'd say those are mint. Awesome find!

Beautiful. I love the 5 iron shot, and the wedge doesn't look clunky. One thing I hate about the MP-30 is the wedge is god awful looking.

Thanks for the compliments. I liked the 690mb wedge a little better (so far). It has a 47* loft so it's stronger than most PW's. I have a 50* MP GW but never was in range for it today. I still have to get my distances dialed in with these. If I can get that job at Golfers Whorehouse I can do it on the launch monitor.

I got to hit the longer clubs a bit more today. I played 13 holes before it started to get dark this evening. I kept hitting to the left of my target with the 6 and 7 iron. Not pulled just aiming that way I guess. I had nothing but solid strikes with them off the fairway. They are much easier to hit in that respect. Forgiveness is decent but the ball is going in the direction you hit it regardless. The second to last hole I played is a 200 yd. par 3. I hit the 5iron 3 times. First I caught it on the toe and sliced it wide right but almost pin high. Second I mishit again, right but not as bad, 10yds. short. The 3rd I caught pure, it flew over the green, ok 5iron at least 210yds. I can't wait to get these things dialed in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520