• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A hole in One! But wait there's more ...

I’m working my way through this book which I picked up at his recommendation.
View attachment 29586
The book is good if... IF a stubborn old mind could let many of the thoughts sink in. Really afraid the thick skull may keep me from applying many of the processes it tries to put forward. The book says one of the Vision 51 processes is to shut out everything except YOUR game. If there are slow people in front of you... If there are people pushing you.... If someone in the group is having a really bad round... If someone in the group won't stop talking... In order for YOU to score well, you have to just shut out the "noise" and concentrate/focus on your shot. Our group is very "talkative". No way you can shut it out. And, this morning, had one 70 year old that needed a dose of Ritalin to calm him down. He was rattling one constantly, forgetting which cart he was in, hitting the ball sideways... IIRC, he carded a 97!! Tough to shut that out. Lots of interference, this morning, including the singles the pro shop had put out on the back... both in front and behind us.

The book is good if... IF a stubborn old mind could let many of the thoughts sink in. Really afraid the thick skull may keep me from applying many of the processes it tries to put forward. The book says one of the Vision 51 processes is to shut out everything except YOUR game. If there are slow people in front of you... If there are people pushing you.... If someone in the group is having a really bad round... If someone in the group won't stop talking... In order for YOU to score well, you have to just shut out the "noise" and concentrate/focus on your shot. Our group is very "talkative". No way you can shut it out. And, this morning, had one 70 year old that needed a dose of Ritalin to calm him down. He was rattling one constantly, forgetting which cart he was in, hitting the ball sideways... IIRC, he carded a 97!! Tough to shut that out. Lots of interference, this morning, including the singles the pro shop had put out on the back... both in front and behind us.

You should give that book back, apparently nothing in it penetrated your thick skull, lol

You should give that book back, apparently nothing in it penetrated your thick skull, lol
finger.jpg

It gets better. I sometimes play in a social golfer competition => SGA TOUR QLD 2017 - 'The Tour Fore Golfers'

I just won a competition round last Saturday. I’ll post about it separately but for this thread’s purposes my mind game during the round was much stronger.

Instead of fading or collapsing after being on a good number, I kept it going to the end. My win is all credit to the mind game work.

Nice! Srixon should reimburse you for those!

My thoughts exactly! I’m willing to become an “Ambassador” and receive lots of free stuff.

Must be the Srixon Z-Star ball! That's what I got mine with this summer. I've got two also but 11 years apart. Nice job! Write Srixon and tell them. They sent me a nice certificate and a hole-in-one ball marker.

Q-Star on the left. Z-Star on the right. I tagged Srixon in the photo on social media. It’ll be interesting if I get a reply.

Played with a super good player today who said he's had four hole-in-ones. I believed him.
The ironic facts about mine is that (aside from the brand of balls) both were two bounces and into the hole. Having seen tour players hitting the pin on the full and ending up off the green, I think the roll or bounce up to the hole is the higher percentage opportunity.

The ironic facts about mine is that (aside from the brand of balls) both were two bounces and into the hole. Having seen tour players hitting the pin on the full and ending up off the green, I think the roll or bounce up to the hole is the higher percentage opportunity.
Both of mine came with the ball landing just in front of the green and rolling to the pin. I think you're right.

Never been close to a hole in one. I've run the ball by the hole a few times but I've never finished up closer than 5 feet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520