• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A load of balls!

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't want to threadjack Tea's post on AVX, so I created a new thread on various balls I have been testing. Here's how it goes. I play ~9 holes with a ball and post my thoughts. I have no scientific data to back it up, it's all feel.

I tested two over the weekend.

Taylormade Project a - I had done my homework on this and it seems to be an interesting ball. Not a kick off the TP5 and TP5x. It seemed quite soft to putt with, but I didn't get a whoa factor with it. I'll put it down as decent.

Bridgestone Tour B RXS - I had to scratch my head with this one. In fact I got a sore head at the multitude of balls available from Bridgestone these days. They have over-segmented the market with dozens of options which is a little confusing. But I was very surprised at how well this ball responded. It felt nice off the club, responded well around the green and was lovely to putt with. I'd be happy to play this a little longer. Similar to the Chromesoft.

So far my ball of choice in order of preference:

Bridgestone Tour B RXS
Callaway Chromesoft
Titleist ProV1
TM TP5
TM Project <a>
Snell MTB Red

Next up: the AVX and Kirkland Signature.

Attachments

• balls.jpg
    balls.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Sounds like fun. Again, try the Wilson Zip and Bridgestone FIX (if you can find them).

IG Have you tested the SS DZ yet?

What's that one Jack?

Did anyone try the Pinnace Soft?

Ive been gaming the MG (Master Grip) Senior ball. They are nonconforming, but I don't care. They're soft and LONG (and cheap).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520