• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Advice: Tip trim a Creation?

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just a quickie, I have a mate who wants one of my Creations in his G5. Problem is I only have S flex and he already plays an X flex Evo in there.

Can I tip trim to play a bit stouter? I read the Creation only has a 2'' PTS which seems kinda small to me... Plus I also read you shouldnt tip them at all, which seems kinda strange. So now Im unsure.

Anyway, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks muchly
LH

Tipping them defeats the purpose of the design of the Creation's Tip. You'll only make the shaft unplayable.

Get the right flex.

R35

same with a ot of modern shafts tbh

I'm with Dave here.

I know of a top club-builder/fitter who always advises to never tip-trim a driver shaft. Play the shaft the way the designer designed it.

If you need stiffer, get a stiffer shaft.

Interesting.. I know alot of shafts these days, have these special tip sections, but didn't know most were geared that way.. I know the Fubuki has that special crap in the tip, and they tell you to not tip it.

No worries, thanks guys. Won't do a thing, just butt trim to length. If he doesn't like it I'll give him his cash back and whack the Evo back in for him and use the Creation myself.

No harm, no foul!

Just made an impulse buy of a new Accuflex Creation off the bay for $21.50. I'm thinking of putting it in a HiBore XL Tour where it would be replacing the stock red shaft which I was losing right when I really tried to nut a drive. Is this a good combo? Has anybody used this setup? What are the tipping instructions for a Creation 65, their website doesn't have any info on this shaft?

<table x:str="" style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 84pt;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="112"><col style="width: 84pt;" width="112"><tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt; width: 84pt;" width="112" height="17">Web developer</td> </tr></table>

As stated by a couple of guys here, and the advice I'm following, is NOT to tip the Creation.

And with that setup, you probably wouldn't want to. A super stiff tip, and an open faced club? You better be able to bring it or you're probably going to lose a few more right.

In saying that, if you have got the swing speed for it, you should be able to hammer the living snot out of that combo and not worry about the left half of the course!

Lefty.. Your a smart fellow, but sometimes you just love that SPAM. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520