• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

All I need is a flat-billed hat!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Well, guess I'm channeling Rickie Fowler. Picked up the Bio Cell a week ago. Have now played it 4 rounds. Here's my take...

1. I got the black one. It's a good looking driver, with the black Project X shaft. Looks... A+
2. Hits the ball a little higher than my R1. Have the Bio Cell set at 10.5 and get a nice high trajectory where the ball flies and flies. Trajectory... A.
3. Quite foregiving. I've hit it all over the face and still seem to get excellent distance. Forgiveness... A.
4. A little difficult to work both ways. Fairly easy to get it to go left. You can set up to make it go right, but it can decide to go deep right! Workability... C+.
5. Cobra shaft sleeve adjusment is similar to others out there. A number of loft settings in either neutral or draw. I played on round with it in the draw mode. Looked really closed and it was way too easy to overcook it left. Nothing fancy with the sleeve, so I'll give that an average C rating.
6. This is my first venture with the Project X shaft. I believe ssmokin' has had good luck with that shaft. I picked mine up in the 5.5 flex, having read it should be between most other manufacturers "R" and "S" flexes. I'm always scared of an "R" flex due to the big loop in my swing. Have had trouble in the past with "R" flex shafts "wobbling" in the transition. This PX shaft stays right with me. Haven't felt it once wobble in the backswing. I can feel the shaft flex and it just sends the ball out there. Project X shaft... A+

Still getting used to this thing. It may be just the shaft, but the entire package has certainly renewed my excitement about getting off the tee. I caught two drives today that my cart partner just shook his head about. There is no way a fat old man, quickly approaching 70 years old, should be able to hit a ball that far. We had a third with us, yesterday, who I hadn't played a round with for a couple of years. He asked if I'd been taking steroids!!!

Each diver experience is an adventure into the unknown. Each driver has a honeymoon period and many have broken their vows soon thereafter. Will know in another couple of weeks if this is a true keeper.

This guy is not parting with his ...

images

Well, guess I'm channeling Rickie Fowler. Picked up the Bio Cell a week ago. Have now played it 4 rounds. Here's my take...

1. I got the black one. It's a good looking driver, with the black Project X shaft. Looks... A+
2. Hits the ball a little higher than my R1. Have the Bio Cell set at 10.5 and get a nice high trajectory where the ball flies and flies. Trajectory... A.
3. Quite foregiving. I've hit it all over the face and still seem to get excellent distance. Forgiveness... A.
4. A little difficult to work both ways. Fairly easy to get it to go left. You can set up to make it go right, but it can decide to go deep right! Workability... C+.
5. Cobra shaft sleeve adjusment is similar to others out there. A number of loft settings in either neutral or draw. I played on round with it in the draw mode. Looked really closed and it was way too easy to overcook it left. Nothing fancy with the sleeve, so I'll give that an average C rating.
6. This is my first venture with the Project X shaft. I believe ssmokin' has had good luck with that shaft. I picked mine up in the 5.5 flex, having read it should be between most other manufacturers "R" and "S" flexes. I'm always scared of an "R" flex due to the big loop in my swing. Have had trouble in the past with "R" flex shafts "wobbling" in the transition. This PX shaft stays right with me. Haven't felt it once wobble in the backswing. I can feel the shaft flex and it just sends the ball out there. Project X shaft... A+

Still getting used to this thing. It may be just the shaft, but the entire package has certainly renewed my excitement about getting off the tee. I caught two drives today that my cart partner just shook his head about. There is no way a fat old man, quickly approaching 70 years old, should be able to hit a ball that far. We had a third with us, yesterday, who I hadn't played a round with for a couple of years. He asked if I'd been taking steroids!!!

Each diver experience is an adventure into the unknown. Each driver has a honeymoon period and many have broken their vows soon thereafter. Will know in another couple of weeks if this is a true keeper.
The Project X shaft is one of the best out there. I had one in my X-Hot. I'm liking it when you say it's forgiving. The R1 is a great driver if you put a good swing on it. If you don't you look like a real hack. It is NOT forgiving.

The Project X shaft is one of the best out there. I had one in my X-Hot. I'm liking it when you say it's forgiving. The R1 is a great driver if you put a good swing on it. If you don't you look like a real hack. It is NOT forgiving.
Yep, the Bio Cell certainly is more forgiving than the R1. Really mixed emotions right now. The Bio Cell sale at Dick's is over tomorrow. 25% off of the $199 is $150. I have a $15 off a $100 purchase and a couple more old clubs for trade. Should be able to get another Bio Cell for right at $100. The TP version of the R1 is only bringing $87 on trade. Still, if I trade it I have a new Bio Cell for almost pocket change. If I pick up another Bio Cell, I'll get the 6.0 shaft. Will have one with 5.5 and one with 6.0.
Or... I'll just hang on to the R1, play it when I'm swinging well, and see if I can find a Project X for a steal that I can put a shaft adapter on. Decisions, decisions......

Yep, the Bio Cell certainly is more forgiving than the R1. Really mixed emotions right now. The Bio Cell sale at Dick's is over tomorrow. 25% off of the $199 is $150. I have a $15 off a $100 purchase and a couple more old clubs for trade. Should be able to get another Bio Cell for right at $100. The TP version of the R1 is only bringing $87 on trade. Still, if I trade it I have a new Bio Cell for almost pocket change. If I pick up another Bio Cell, I'll get the 6.0 shaft. Will have one with 5.5 and one with 6.0.
Or... I'll just hang on to the R1, play it when I'm swinging well, and see if I can find a Project X for a steal that I can put a shaft adapter on. Decisions, decisions......
Do you have the Bio Cell + or the standard version? It looked like you had to get the + to get the Project X shaft.

Do you have the Bio Cell + or the standard version? It looked like you had to get the + to get the Project X shaft.
Mine is not the "+". It's the standard. Guess they have the Bio Cell, the Bio Cell +, and the Bio Cell Pro. All the standard Bio Cells, here, have the Project X... either in 5.5 or 6.0. Hit it good again yesterday.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Who has been here?